Error status 0xc 0000020

maz_9194974
maz_9194974 Member Posts: 9
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, I have recently purchased a new computer running windows 10. (previous computer died and was running XP) I reinstalled my quickbooks 2007/2008 Pro in May and it has been running without any hiccups apart from not being able to email. However, it is now not opening and I am receiving this message. I am guessing that the latest update of windows 10 has affected my quickbooks. As I backup my files onto an external hard drive, do I need to do anything else if I decide to delete quickbooks 2007/2008 off my computer and try and re-install? Hoping that this will fix it temporarily until I can print out my financials for last year. If upgrading to a current version would be an easier solution and solve the problem with less stress I would be open to this, as I am not computer savvy. Any advice is warmly welcomed. Maz
 Message reads

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2017
    Hi there Maz,

I'd recommend backing up locally on your PC and then copying the file over to your external hard drive. At times there can be issues if you back up directly to a removable drive.

From there I'd recommend performing a clean uninstall/reinstall of the program, there's info on how to do this here -
    Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• maz_9194974
    edited September 2017
    Thank you so much for your quick reply.   I will give this a go.  Looking longer term, as I am concerned this may re-occur what would be the best solution to updating  (2007/2008).  Would hosting be an option or would I need to purchase Reckon current version outright?  If this is the case could I bypass your recent suggestion as I am not very confident and extremely nervous of losing all my records.  Thanks again Rav.
  • maz_9194974
    edited October 2017
    Thank you again for your advice it is very much appreciated, as I am kinda freaking out.  I have had a look at the link you provided,  but feel it might be too risky for a novice like me & don't want muck it up and lose my records.   
    Can you advise if there is anyway to upgrade to a current version (either hosting or outright) and have the files transferred over, if I can get someone in to make sure they are backup correctly, thus providing a permanent solution. 

My biggest concern is, Windows 10 will not support Qucickbooks 2007/008 Pro even if I manage to re-install it.   
    Hoping you can help.. 

Thanks again Maz

• Sandra Watson
    Sandra Watson Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    im using 2015 and I have this same error - how do we fix this error without losing all the information entered or uninstalling and reinstalling
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2017
    Hi there Maz,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

Just a quick question first, when you encounter the error message that you've posted above, what happens after you select the OK button? Does the program proceed from that point onward? Or if not, can you describe what happens?

Your data file is seperate to the installation file so if you do proceed with the reinstallation it will be untouched. However, if you perform the clean uninstallation and the folder resides in the main Quickbooks folder then it might get deleted so its best to have your data file in completely separate folder such as My Documents

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• maz_9194974
    edited October 2017
    Thanks so much for getting back to me, understandably you are very busy.  
    When I click on OK it clicks as normal, makes a sound recognizing that I have clicked it but doesn't do anything.  No timer comes up, as if it is thinking.  If I continue to hit the Ok after three times it just disappears.

If I need to update my software are you able to advise which one is compatible to use with Qucickbooks 2007/008 Pro to keep my current records.   If hosting is an option would you know if this an easy process to transfer files.  Thanks again, I really appreciated your valuable time.  Maz
  • maz_9194974
    edited October 2017
    Hi,  Just wanted to update anyone who is having the same message if updating.   Reckon was great and called me  to suggested I try to reinstall but if it didn't work, I would need to upgrade to a current version, the cheapest being online hosting. ($600)   I ended up engaging Dr Geek who did the reinstalling and got it up and running again.  (Remotely which saved a lot of trouble carting around  a computer)  The problem re-occurred within an hour.  Dr Geek wouldn't let this problem go and discovered it was my Anti Virus MCAFEE causing the problem NOT  Windows 10.  He suggested I use Norton which is compatible with my Quickbooks,  saving me lots of heartache & money.    I hope this helps.
    Maz
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Maz,

Any security on a PC - antivirus, firewalls, ipscanners, desktop managers - can block any programme so it is worthwhile ensuring that Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks is made an exception to their blocking rules.  Multi-user versions have more security touchpoints than single user versions, and all you need to know is outlined in this article.

regards,
    John