Error With ETF price uploads

Peter Jenke
Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
On Thursday I purchased 5 ETFs to add to another 2 already in my portfolio.  The prices for these first two ETFs have always loaded correctly on a daily basis along with my other ASX share prices. Today I added the five new ETFs and did a price download update.  All 7 ETFs are listed on the ASX.  Five days worth of prices were uploaded but all were increased by a factor of 10.  The portfolio has never looked so good.  Interestingly, the last 5 days of prices for the original 2 ETFs were also over-ridden and increased by the same factor.  The older, correct prices were unchanged.
When setting up the new ETFs I used the "Type" categorisation of "Market Index".  At  the same time I changed the categorisation of the original two ETFs from "Large Capital Eq" to that of "Market Index" as well.  I don't know whether this had an impact.  Because I went in and manually edited 5 days worth of prices for all 7 ETFs I'm not inclined to go in and change the categorisation to see if this is the cause without guidance.  Anyone come across this issue?

Comments

• Kevin_9915502
    Kevin_9915502 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    Hi Pete,
    I have one EFT in my portfolio, it is still showing the correct price. I have it configured as a "Fund or Trust" in the Security Details / Type. Good luck.

Cheers
    Kevin
  • Peter Jenke
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Kevin.  You confirmed my hunch because when I did a selective change of "Fund or Trust" to all but one of the ETFs and re-ran the update, the corrected prices remained for those ETFs as I had amended them.  The ETF which I left as "Market Index" with the prices I had corrected manually had them over-ridden once again by a factor of 10 and my SMSF was looking once again remarkably healthy.
    That said, unless I'm missing something basic, I would have thought that the "Market Index" type was a reasonable classification which would therefore suggest to me that there's some sort of glitch in the programme.
  • David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Peter
    I think that the values ascribed to Market indexes are different to all other categories of listed products, because that has caught me out when I have traded them in the past. so rather than a problem with the software, I think it is a market practice matter.
    Hope that helps
  • Peter Jenke
    edited July 2019
    Thanks to everyone.  I've changed the "type" classification and the problem is sorted.  It's more an academic exercise now to work out why I got the result I did.  At the end of the day, though, no big deal.