error WM02 when submitting EmpDupe file

Debbie Cohen
Debbie Cohen Member Posts: 9
edited January 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I use Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2015 and have submitted a EmpDupe file through Auskey and don't know if I have to do anything else

I received the following error report

LODGMENT SUCCESSFUL WITH WARNINGS

Reporting Entity:====================

Summary of Warnings:
--------------------

Reason Code:  WM02                      Total warnings:  1
The field must be entered but you did not report anything in this field.

Detail of Warnings:
--------------------

Reason Record    Record          Reporting         Field Name                    Field Data
Code:  No.       Type            Reference
WM02   3         Supplier                          Street address line 2

Comments

• Janelle Knight
    Janelle Knight Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2019
    Hi Debbie
    The same type of warning happened to me.   It has to do with the address info located under QB Company>Company Infomration area.  Ensure that every field is completed as much as you can (ie your error shows street address line 2, check that this line has the town/state/postcode.   This is where my error was.   Fix it up and re-do your empdupe file through QB and then upload that new file through your portal.   
    Ta
    Janelle

• Debbie Cohen
    edited September 2015
    Hi Janelle
    I am still unsure what to do as address line 2 is blank because there is provision for the suburb state and postcode in the next line
    I have attached a screenshot, are you able to see what I need to do to fix this?
    Thanks
    Deb
  • Janelle Knight
    edited September 2015
    Hi Deb
    Hit "Enter" after the PO Box 377 and that should move Labrador etc down to the next line.   That should fix the problem.  :)  (Make sure there is no space in front of Labrador).
    The error message is actually saying "I need something in line 2".    Let me know how you go.
    Janelle
  • Janelle Knight
    edited September 2015
    Sorry, I should have mentioned (if you haven't worked it out), you need to change the Address area (not the legal address area).  :)
  • Debbie Cohen
    edited September 2015

Hi Janelle

I did what you suggested and still get the same error message when I upload the test :(

• Janelle Knight
    edited September 2015
    Ok, I have had a look at your set up compared to mine.  My only difference is the second line has a comma after the town.   It all looks fine other than the second line of the address.  Is it showing up as 
    PO Box 377
    Labrador, Qld 4215 (either with or without comma?)
    ?? no extra spaces is the only thing I can think of.   As mentioned, this was my problem and changing it fixed it up.  I run 6 QB data files and I had to change on all as each were causing same problem.  I am sorry if it hasn't worked, I may not be able to help you any further.   But please let me know how you get on.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Debbie,

Try submitting this Empdupe anyway - it'll probably work.
    The ATO gives ERRORS and WARNINGS.  Files with warnings are usually accepted.  Only files with Errors are rejected.

In your time check that your Employees addresses are entered correctly:

regards,
    John
  • Debbie Cohen
    edited September 2015
    Hi John
    All employees have been entered correctly the error message didnt relate to employees it related to 1 supplier. As our company is the only supplier I have added address line 2 and tried another test upload and still got the same error warning
  • Debbie Cohen
    edited September 2015

Hi Janelle

I am stumped, I changed as you suggested but still got the same error.

Deb

?image?

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Debbie,

Are the Company Identification (ABN) and the Payroll Tax form information sections correctly filled out?

In Legal Info, delete the address lines and rekey them?

Rebuild and verify the company file and create the EmpDupe again.  

Hope this helps.  

regards,
    John

• Janelle Knight
    edited January 2019
    I agree with John, my suggestion too.
    Good luck Debbie

• Debbie Cohen
    edited January 2019

Thanks for all your assistance John & Janelle.

I give up, have followed all your suggestions and still get the same error.

Do you think I need to contact ATO to ensure they can process the file?

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Debbie

A couple of points here.   EMDUPE files really get messed up when there are special characters other than A-Z  a-z  0-9  throughout.  Things like that apostrophe in the legal name of the supplier for instance - drop that out.  AS for COMMAS in your DATA,  that can really throw things out,  because whilst the EMPDUPE file is not actually a 'comma-delimited' file structure,  various other processing takes place with data that  can be SHIFTED logically due to separation characters.  

Spread out the department, street, suburb, state and postcodes of records as totally separate defined areas,  rather than wrapping them up in the same line as your example showed above.

ALSO,  sometimes when doing data entry,  computers can store UNPRINTABLE characters.  IE:  Sometimes you can accidentally store a <CTL>+<character> rather than say, a <SHIFT> + <character>  and suddenly that gets interpreted as a 'control sequence' and  means something else to the extraction process.  

Overwriting the content of these suspect fields often cures this,  and YES,   I realise you may have tried that,  but focus on the other fields in the Supplier in question and not only those address lines..

Hope that's a clue after all this time for you

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
    independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"
  • Janelle Knight
    edited September 2015
    Hi Debbie,
    Oh yes soooo frustrating.   I like Gary's comments here though, is it worth another shot?
    Ta
    Janelle
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Debbie,

Have you tried persisting with the upload anyway?  it is a warning and not an error and most likely will be accepted.

regards,
    John