Error -6000, -80 opening a company file

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

Yesterday at 0730 I tried to login to my Accounts Hosted platform after having used it on Friday.

I get the message Error -6000, -80 and it won't let me open either of my two company files.

After a few attempts I decided to call support which seems to be located in India. After sitting on hold for 40 minutes I got through to a consultant who couldn't fix the issue. Told me there was problems with Hosted and that it'd be escalated. So I waited and waited and was not able to access the files for the entire day. Emergency Reckon maintenance was apparently carried out overnight and I though that would fix my problem.

Nope, still not fixed. When I login this morning I have the same issues. I called back and after another 40 minutes on the phone waiting I spoke to another consultant. My issue is still escalated, still no answers and no eta on a resolution. I pointed the consultant to another support article that said if you rename the company file it should rectify the issue. He told me he read that himself and has tried it with other customers and it has not worked.

So, I'm still waiting. Still no ETA and totally in the dark. Imagine if Reckon's competitors or the media got a hold of this. Unreliable software and poor support. Not happy Reckon, you've really dropped the ball on this one.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue and having bad support experiences?

Photo of James

James

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of DJE

DJE

• 70 Points

Hi

Having exactly the same problems as above since yesterday.

Error message -6000,-80,

Have reset my browser and deleted all saved links.

Help desk have not been able to give an coherent advice.   

Reckon any advice and or update?

many thanks

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey DJE & James, sorry to hear you are both having difficulties with the -6000 error.

Renaming the company file is what has resolved -6000 and 6177 errors for most people.

Easiest way to rename is to add an extra character i.e.:1 to end of file name, make sure you copy your original final first though. Log out, wait 5-10mins for a new .nd file to be created with new file name, and then try to log in.

I've just tried it on my dummy company file via Hosted Standard, let me know how it goes for yourselves.

- Mirko
Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Could you please give us step by step instructions on this one Mirko.  I might sound dumb but I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing before changing saved data.
Photo of matthew

matthew

• 60 Points
Has happened to me same been on phone 1 hr yesterday and 1 today still eta
Going to change over to xero better support and more features
Photo of Karen Down

Karen Down

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also having this problem and am using a Mac so have tried the F2 solution but it is not working, how do I do this on a Mac?
Photo of Mark Hayman

Mark Hayman

• 60 Points
Yes, exactly the same problem.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey guys, just worked out how to rename Hosted files within Mac.

File > Open company File. Once you are in the windows explorer screen hover over the file you wish to rename, Press Function (fn) + F2, it will highlight the name. Use your arrow key to move to where you want to insert the character i.e. the end of the name. Hit ENTER to save.

Hope this works for you all.
Photo of Karen Down

Karen Down

How do I copy the original file first if I cannot open it.
Photo of Gregory Watson

Gregory Watson

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issues and there is no way I can get the file to change name. Having rung support three times and being told it would be fixed with in an hour just wait for an email to arrive. Still waiting 3 hours later!!!
Photo of James

James

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I waited more than 24 hours before they fixed my problem.

Now that I am in it keeps dropping out, won't print and is super slow.

What a joke of an accounting package!
Photo of Karen Down

Karen Down

Just renamed the file and it worked first time!

Photo of Karen Down

Karen Down

The problem is now is that I am having the same issue as James, luckily just got done what I needed when it got itself into a spin and is now stuck and also had lost my printer! 

Not good when so many organisations rely on this software to run their businesses.  If you are going to upgrade your software and people can only use it online it really needs to work properly!
Photo of Steve Bourke

Steve Bourke

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Again, without repeating myself...
I have followed all links and tried every suggestion on how to change file name etc... Nothing works for me. Can this be fixed by the tech department without all this stress and hassle or not? Simple question!!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Steve, tech support can assist with this aswell, it will require providing them your ID and Password. Note: There is currently a high volume of calls w/tech support. Thanks, Mirko.
Photo of Steve Bourke

Steve Bourke

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks. Still can someone from reckon answer my question? Can tech support fix it so we all don't have to call them and sit on hold for 1/2 the day or can it not be fixed? Good customer service would be them sorting it out so we don't have to call and wait or them call us!!!
Photo of Karen Down

Karen Down

I understand all the frustrations, but I followed Mirko's advice yesterday and renamed the file and it worked.  I did have an issue with it locking up after that but have been using it this morning and it is fine.  I agree that technical support is not that flash as I phoned them yesterday morning and have still not received a response, so if I had not found this conversation would still be waiting and our staff would not have been paid!

Photo of Hayden Dyt

Hayden Dyt

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
-6000, -80 still issues.

Hi Guys
I'm on a Mac, I used hosted premium, I've tried Firefox and Safari, I've reinstalled Citrix receiver, I still get the -6000,-80 error.  I don't know what else to do.  I go to 'open or restore and existing company' but the only files I see are from a couple of years ago and are only 1KB... surely this can't be right?  If I do try to open the .QBW file (from 23/10/2011) it comes up with error -6150,-1006
Please Help.
Thanks Hayden
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Hayden,

Are you still having the same issue today?

If you are, then please call Technical Support immediately for further attention.

regards,
John