Error 800040403 when launching the Loan Manager after upgrading to new PC with Window 8.1.

Options
RockAdventures .
RockAdventures . Member Posts: 5
I have just upgraded to a new computer with Windows 8.1. I backed up Reckon Accounts and restored it onto my new computer. I am getting Error 800040403 when launching the Loan Manager. I have copied the loan manager file from restored files folder into the company file folder and restarted accounts but it is still not working.

Comments

• Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi RockAdventures,

Welcome to Reckon Online Community.

In Reckon Accounts, click on File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
    Attempt to open the Loan Manager again.
    If the problem persists, continue with the following steps:

1. Close the company file: File > Close Company

2. Open the company file by clicking File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.

3. browse to the location of your company file.

4. Click Open.

5. Launch the Loan Manager

Please let me know how you go.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • RockAdventures .
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi Hoang

I was not actually set up to host multi-user access. I clicked on start hosting multi-user access, restarted accounts then stopped hosting, closed the company and opened it again. I still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Regards
    Letitia.
  • Hoang
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Letitia,

Please try the loan manager with the sample company file open, below is the location for Windows 8.

Windows Vista, 7 & 8 - C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\ReckonAccounts 2013\

If the sample company file still have the error then try to uninstall and re-install Reckon Accounts with the administrator user.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • RockAdventures .
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi Hoang

I tried that last week. The sample company works fine.

Thanks

Letitia.
  • Hoang
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi Letitia,

Please try to move your .qbw data file to the default location which is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files and test it again.

Please email your customer ID to community@reckon.com.au  if the problem still persist.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • Hoang
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi Letitia,

Thank you for the information.

Please try to run Reckon Accounts as admin by right clicking on the Reckon Accounts icon and run as administrator.

Just want to clarify that you open the company data file by doing the below steps and not double clicking onto the .qbw file itself.

1. Close the company file: File > Close Company

2. Open the company file by clicking File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.

3. browse to the location of your company file which is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files .

4. Click Open.

5. Launch the Loan Manager

What was the previous version of Windows your data file was open on?

Regards,
    Hoang
  • RockAdventures .
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ho Hoang

I tried running as administrator and closing the company file and opening it as per your instructions. It still didn't work. The previous version was on Windows XP. I still have the old computer and can open the loan manager on that without a problem.

Thanks

Letitia.
  • Hoang
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi Letitia,

Thank you for your patience.

I have found the solution to this issue, it is to create a portable backup then restore it.

Open your company data file on Windows 7 or 8.1 using Reckon Accounts 2013, go to File > Save copy or backup > Portable company file.

To restore the portable backup, go to File > Open or Restore company > Restore a portable file (.QBM).

Now try to open the loan manager again and please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • RockAdventures .
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thanks Hoang

That worked. I now can get into loan manager. All of the loan details have disappeared, but I have copied them manually from the old computer

Regards

Letitia.
  • Hoang
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi Letitia,

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Regards,
    Hoang