Importing inventory from Excel to Reckon Accounts

Erica Johannsen_6770300
Erica Johannsen_6770300 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi. I am trying to import my inventory from an Excel spreadsheet and get the C=343 error (when previewing) or a "Warning!" box (with no error message) if I click on Import. I have tried restarting Reckon and rebooting my PC. Neither has worked. Some help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to manually enter 1000 plus items.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Erica,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

The C=343 error while carrying out a function is not a common occurrence and it does suggest a data error in your company file.  .  

I suggest you rebuild your data file and then validate it and ensure no problems are detected or reported in the QBwin.log file.  A guide on this process is available in this Note:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/rebuilding_a_datafile_in_accounts_business

Follow-up on any errors and continue the process until the Validate reports no errors found.  

If you continue to have a problem then this KB:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=318
    may be of help.  

Let me know how you go.

regards,
    John

• Erica Johannsen_6770300
    edited March 2014
    Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your suggestions (rebuilding the data file, registering dll file and download/install MSXML 3.0 Service Pack 7).  

None of these options has worked. 

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Erica

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Hi Erica,

Have you ever been able to import items from Excel?

Can you provide a very small example, of say a couple of items of what the rows and columns are for the Excel file you are trying to import?

Are you making use of the Import from Excel feature of Reckon Accounts?

Have you successfully created a mapping of which columns in your Excel sheet represent the specific data fields for items in Reckon Accounts?

-IM
    edited March 2014
    Hi again,

To answer your questions: 

This is the first time that I have imported excel to Reckon and we have bought (and will be downloading) the newest version tomorrow.  

Below is an example of the rows that I am importing, I have mapped the columns to only include the data that I need (asterix indicates the columns I have mapped)

Active Status = (no data in this column)
    *Type = Inventory Part
    *Item = 0102
    *Description = Power Supply, 12v DC, 75W
    Tax Code = (no data in this column)
    *Account = Sales
    COGS Account = Cost of Goods Sold
    Asset Account = Inventory Asset
    Accumulated Depreciation = (no data in this column)
    *Purchase Description = Power Supply, 12v DC, 75W
    *On Hand = 0
    *Cost = $85
    *Preferred Supplier = SOANAR
    Tax Agency = (no data in this column)
    *Price = $93.50
    Reorder Point = (no data in this column)
    *MPN = SDR-120-12

I tried importing from both the 'File' and 'Item List' screens.  Both popped up the same error messages.  In the 'Item List' screen I only had the C=343 message when I tried to preview the file and a Warning (but no description of the error/warning type) when I tried to import the file.

At this point I have removed Reckon from my PC until tomorrow when I download the latest version.

Regards,

Erica
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Erica,

Thanks for this data.

I created an excel file with this data and successfully imported the data into Accounts Business, so it appears your process of importing is correct and not the source of the problem.

I would suggest you rebuild your data file - follow the guide at:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/rebuilding_a_datafile_in_accounts_business .

Let me know how it goes.

regards,
    John
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Thanks John G for trying that Excel sheet.
    edited April 2014
    Hi John,

Thank you for looking at that, I was beginning to think that I had missed something.  Nice to know I hadn't.

I had already tried rebuilding my data file (twice) without any success.

I am currently waiting to download the 2014 version of RA Premier and am starting from scratch (creating new data file etc).  Hopefully this will fix everything.

Will let you know how I go.

Regards,

Erica

• John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Erica,

Sorry that didn't work for you.  

I assume your column titles don't have the * alongside them.  If they do, try it without them.

The c=343 error has come up in other circumstances but you can try its solution to see if it makes a difference.  It requires you to register a couple of DLL files:
    1. In the Windows search field type: run and click Enter;
    2. in the Open box type: Regsvr32 msxml3.dll and click OK
    3. You should get a response:  DllRegisterServer in msxml3.dll succeeded;
    4. Repeat for Regsvr32 msxml4.dll.
    Now try again.  

Also, what version of Excel are you using?  The Office 2013 version has not been tested on the Accounts Business 2013 version so we cannot say how it interacts with it.  We know there are issues emailing with Outlook 2013, so by extension, there could be problems with the other Office components.  

Accounts Business 2014 was released yesterday and it is fully compatible with Office 2013.

Hope one of these is beneficial for you.

regards,
    John

edited April 2014
    Hi John,

I had already registered the DLL files - that didn't work.

I am using Office 2013 and since installing the 2014 Reckon I have been able to import my excel file.  I think it is fair to assume that this is what was causing the issue.

Thank you for all your help, am grateful that we found an answer.

Erica
  • John G
    edited December 2016
    Hi Erica,

Glad to hear that you have imported your data and that the issue was the incompatibility of Office 2013 with Accounts Business 2013.  

cheers,
    John
  • k.minhas@goliathgames.com
    k.minhas@goliathgames.com Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    hi, can someone please tell me the basics of (ie step by step) doing inventory adjustment after Stocktake into Reckon. Thanks