Error code -6150, -1006

Virtue Joannou
Virtue Joannou Member Posts: 2
edited September 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have a 2009-10 Quickbooks Premier version data file. We lost our Server and backups due to HD failure and we couldn't recover it, so we have only one copy of the data file that was saved on an external cloud drive. When we try to open it we get an error code 6150, 1006 message. 

I looked this up on the knowledgebase and tried all the fixes including renaming the files and finally re-installing the software, but to no avail. We have only managed to find a set of backups on an older server that are 3 years old, so without being able to recover this data file, we will have to re-enter three years worth of data.

Is there any way that Reckon can salvage the data in the file? Or that the file can repaired and verified by another program?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Virtue,

When I looked at the knowledge browser article for your error it says that the file extension may not be correct.

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=402

Can you please confirm whether it is a .qbw, .qbb or .qbm file that you are trying to open?

Feel free to email me directly at sally@samsolutions.com.au if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards, Sally

• Virtue Joannou
    Virtue Joannou Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Hi Sally,

Its a .qbw file extension that I am trying to open.

Kind Regards,
    Virtue
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Virtue,

Are you trying to open the file by double clicking on the file, or are you trying to access it via opening the QuickBooks software and then selecting to open a company file?

Kind regards,

Sally