Error code 80070057

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
My computer crashed and i cant open my quickbooks file. It keeps coming up with error code 80070057. I have tried rebooting but no luck. Unfortunately my backup is months old and will take hours to re enter everything. Any suggestions.

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Brenten,

Thanks for joining the community.

Just wondering if your datafile is located on a network? If this is the case please try the following otherwise let me know how your Reckon Accounts has been set up.

Try this:

Delete the .ND files.

1.    Click on Start then Computer and browse to the folder containing your company files;

2.    Ensure that you can see all file extensions and find and delete the .ND files associated with your company files;

3.    On the File Server, launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select your folders containing company files and scan; minimize when complete.

4.    Launch QuickBooks on one workstation and open a company file.  Open the same file on a second workstation to confirm multi-user access.

5.    On a Peer-to-Peer network, launch QuickBooks on the Host PC and open a company file.  Switch the file to mulit-user mode and open it on a workstation to confirm multi-user access. 

-Alex