Estimate to Tax Invoice to Pick List for warehouse

Carina Gazzard_8918923
Carina Gazzard_8918923 Member Posts: 24
edited April 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hello,    I know that an estimate can be produced (as a quote for a customer) and a Tax Invoice prepared directly from that estimate.   But from that invoice can a pick list be automatically produced for a warehouse to pick the items so it is one continuous flow?  Thanks in advance.   A little bit new to reckon hosted and learning so much from these forums.

Comments

• Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hello Carina

What I have done for clients is set up another template for the  Picking List.

There are a couple of ways to do it.

From the Estimate they Create a Sales Order , then customised a picking list template for the Sale Orders. They then know if they have all the items to invoice out, as you can get a report on Inventory balances which include Sales Orders.

Then convert the Sales Order to an Invoice.

I have found this the best way as normally they don't want prices on the picking list. And if you don't set up the picking list correctly on the invoice template, you can wipe out important information on the invoice.

Other clients just convert the Estimate directly to the Invoice. Then have separate templates for the invoice, Picking List, Delivery Note then the Invoice. Just select the invoice template you want to print from the top right corner of the invoice screen. 

From the Lists Menu select Templates. You can either duplicate an existing layout, then amend as required, or create from scratch.

Adrian

• Carina Gazzard_8918923
    Carina Gazzard_8918923 Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2018

Adrian,  thankyou so very much for your reply.  I will take this to my client tomorrow and get it implemented for him.  Cheers