everytime I run Point of sale 2011/12 Before it starts I get a runtime error 429.

Ashley_6979037
Ashley_6979037 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Point of Sale
I have tried all the fixes online i could find, I have run the repair tool from programs and features, I have re-installed .net framework and registered the DLL file, I have completely uninstalled (clean) run a full system clean for old data temp files and registry files (ccleaner) then re-installed from disk again and still getting the same error code everytime I try to open POS terminal or admin, I restored it to a previous back up and everything still the same issue. The programme was running without a problem last night it was only this morning the error occurred, nothing has changed on my comp since last night as EOD is the last thing run before we go home. I have called Reckon tech support and was told they no longer offer support for this product and that my only option is any information available from online resources. PLease help with any advice you have, we need this running asap as it is our only terminal program for the business.

Comments

• Ashley_6979037
    Ashley_6979037 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    OK now i have completely uninstalled all the latest windows updates, restarted and still no success. I restored the pc to a backup from 1 month ago, and Im still getting an error, this time though my antivirus told me it detected a threat while POS was loading (POSMsgsnd.exe) i have ound no info online about weather this is a safe file or not, I ran a full system scan for malware virus and everything and came up with no results. Am currently using hand written dockets for all transaction and receipts, until POS can be restored.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Ashley it sounds like your Anti Virus is blocking POS. Try making the "POSMsgsnd.exe" file an exception in the Anti Virus program and then try to run POS again. Thanks, Mirko