expense not showing in P & L

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
expense not showing in P & L but is showing properly in bill and on Account Fast Report from COA's
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lisa,
Does the report have the correct date range?
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

Hi Rav,
Yes the P&L and the fast report are both for last financial year. Accountant picked it up whilst completing financials. There are a couple of other issues like this but thought I would work on one issue which will hopefully explain the rest
IS the item possibly linked to a NON P&L account like in the Balance Sheet or something,  or to a P&L account marked as inactive and therefore not showing on P&L reports?   Have a good look at the COA account in question and see if it is in fact on the P&L, and then check that there are no FILTERS on your P&L report limiting what content is chosen for display

Gaz
(Edited)
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

Hi Gary,
Lisa Waywell here.
I wish it was that simple. There are 8 other transactions to same account from same supplier that show in P&L. You know me, I can usually work this stuff out. This one has me baffled
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

Thank you both for your assistance. Finally worked out the issue. We have a number of companies. All on accrual basis except for one, the one I was asking about. Basically the reports were set to Cash and that is why transactions weren't showing.

Have a great day
Trust a good accountant like you to spot that!   Well done Lisa!      Thanks for feedback - definietely was a trap for us technical-minded chaps....

Cheers,   Gaz