EXPORT FROM HOSTED TO EXCEL NOT WORKING

KarenT_4188464
KarenT_4188464 Member Posts: 17
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Cannot open my TPAR file from hosted into excel. I export it into the Q File and then when i try and open it says it downloads to the bottom of the screen, but when I try to open it, it says it has no app associated to open it. I need to get this into excel to send to the ATO for reporting

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    The TPAR file created in Hosted is in a plain text format and generally saves with no extension - similar to the EMPDUPE file - the format is what is required by the ATO.  If you wanted to open it with Excel - then I would open Excel first, then choose to Open a file - navigate to where the file is, but choose ALL FILES for the file type to look for - then Excel will ask a serious of questions as it imports the data and opens it...
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    It doesn’t have to be opened in excel, just download to computer and login to tax portal and lodge the TPAR  in there
  • KarenT_4188464
    KarenT_4188464 Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2019
    thank you Linda and Kris - have now solved it from your posts.  Life savers as I have spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. 
    all done for another year