Failed email

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I used to get notification on failed emails that has stopped or if not how can see them or access so can rectify 
Photo of Renee Scaddan-Nile

Renee Scaddan-Nile

• 1,926 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michael Van Niekerk

Michael Van Niekerk

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You Can't and never will again if we stay in the Microsoft Hyper-V environment that we have been lumped with as the end user without any consultation. Not a happy User here, 80% of the features I personally relied on for my business activities every day are no longer available / Can not be used in the way that they were originally set up. NONE of my invoice / receipt / statement templates are available, I can't customise the mail merge, and the obdc link to Business Contact manager no longer works. These features all worked on Citrix, but not on the new crappy system.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Seems to me that Reckon are totally blind to the fact that some emails simply don't make it to their destination (for any number of reasons), and we the users have zero reference to check.
Please give us the ability to send emails via our default email program, from our default address so we will know if it fails to deliver.  I'm sick and tired of chasing up unpaid invoices only to discover they didn't receive the original.
Photo of Kerry

Kerry

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am so over outlook. I want to use my own default email program. Why do emailed invoices take so long to reach their destination?
Kerry
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 1,678 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi, My fortnightly Pay Slips have again randomly been emaild to some staff and not others. I have double checked that their email is correct, (as if they would have magically changed over the last few months), and they are all correct.

To resolve, I resend all emails and somehow the 2nd time they all go through.

What on earth is wrong with the email system?
Photo of Mustafa

Mustafa, Alum

• 1,178 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Hi Renee,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately if the email is bounced you do not get notified in Reckon Accounts Hosted.

You can try to save that as a PDF & use your local machine email program, that way you get notified for bounce back emails.

Cheers
Mustafa

Renee Scaddan-Nile

So another step that will add another 2 to 3 hrs on my already 10 to 13 hr day that used to be only 8 or 9!
Photo of Robin

Robin

Mustafa, this is really not an acceptable answer. The emails always worked perfectly before we changes to Hosted Premium. The Hosted Standard emails worked perfectly.

What we all really need to know from Reckon is why are the emails failing since the Recent Hosted Upgrade and when will the obvious problem be fixed?

Thanks.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

Agree 100%...not an acceptable answer.
Now, if we want to be notified of bounced emails it is yet another series of time wasting steps...just like cut and paste...just like printing...

Seems as if Reckon developers have decided that "time wasting" is now a "feature set" of Reckon accounts.

Top job!

Renee Scaddan-Nile

I agree been using the old online system since 2012 and always used to get bounced emails. This is costing the company I work for money and time and ultimately my job.

To be quite honest nothing about the new system has saved time which is money my boss even queried my hours this in it self is not going to cut it I am looking elsewhere for a new system that will be more stable and time efficient.

(Edited)
Photo of Mustafa

Mustafa, Alum

• 1,178 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Apologise for the inconvenience caused, but will pass on your feedback.

You can also submit your feedback by clicking on help > suggest new feature within Reckon Accounts.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

Perhaps you could ask your developers to pop in here and explain why they have taken away features.  No point in us trying to suggest new features...they are not new...they are existing features that have been taken away.

It is not up to us the client to try and explain anything other than we want some standard operating procedures reinstated.

Renee Scaddan-Nile

I really don't think that you can call the new Accounts an upgrade its more like a downgrade I wonder if you have been guilty of false advertising not to mention what we signed up for originally is now not working
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,144 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Hi Renee,

The hosted mail client has never allowed you to view mail sent unless you use the BCC field in the Send Forms preference. Moreover, you have not been able to see undelivered mail like you could if using a desktop program with Outlook for example.

However, we realise that further improvements are required, and hence we are looking at it right now in terms of allowing you to select an SMTP of your choice to send mail. This will be available in both the desktop and hosted versions.

Regards,
Jason

Renee Scaddan-Nile

This is what we used to receive

(Edited)
Photo of Jason Hollis

That's very interesting Renee. The FW: in the subject line gives a little more information as well as to their origin.

How about you leave it with me and I will go back to the development team on Monday and come back with an answer later in the week.

Thanks,
Jason

Photo of Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 13,092 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Hi Jason,

Have to agree with the others there. We did get a notification if an email was bounced back for whichever reason on Citrix!

Please follow up if this is broken.

Thanks, Sal

Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Sal, 

I have asked development to re-visit this to clarify last weeks response. I will hopefully have an answer this week.

Regards,
Jason

Renee Scaddan-Nile

Thank you Jason would be much appreciated.
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Renee, this is still with development. I will get back to the community when I have more details to offer.

Jason
Photo of Michael Van Niekerk

Michael Van Niekerk

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is a key feature and it should have been developed before public release!
Photo of Robert Pedley

Robert Pedley

• 66 Points
Hey Renee, Did you ever get a response/solution to the issues of bounced emails?
It's been months and this is still a problem for me.
Photo of Robert Mitchell

Robert Mitchell

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
hi I have just stepped over from Premier and am wondering why we moved.  I am starting to think of changing platforms after 10 years.  This a  big call but come on Reckon
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

The only viable solution is that we are allowed to send emails via our default email client...then at least we have some control and immediate response to failed delivery information.

It is a real hassle and embarrassing having to chase clients for non payment of invoices they have never received!
Photo of Jason Hollis

We are working on it guys and everyones comments have been noted. I will advise when I know more.

At this stage we are looking at 2 things; the failed email response in v1, and a mail client for next years release that will provide full functionality.

Regards,
Jason
(Edited)
Photo of Robin

Robin

Dear Jason and everyone else,
Tonight I just ran my payroll and emailed 37 payslips.

6 of them failed.

Last fortnight the same thing happened but different employees failed so it seems to be totally random which pay slips get emailed and which fail.

I just resent and so far so good. What is causing this?
Robin
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Robin,

A few things to look at from the guys in tech support...(it is hard to diagnose over a forum though)

-          Reduce the length of the company file name to less than 28 characters
-          Try using a different payslip template
-          Were there earlier payslips queue in the send forms list that was never sent?  - make sure all payslips are sent or remove them from the emails to send list then try sending again)
-          Does it happen to all File Users? If there is only one user create an admin user and try sending again

See how you go with that for starters and we can take it from there...

Regards,
Jason

(Edited)
Photo of Robin

Robin

Jason,
My Company Name is less than 28 Characters (Always has been)

I am not in a position to create a NEW Payslip Template with my Company Logo etc. If Reckon Support wants to create one for me please go ahead and advise accordingly.

I always watch the Payslips for message as completed - there is never a message or other indication that the email was not successful.

I am the one and Only ADMIN / User - There is no one else. I have full Admin rights, (I always have).

There was never a problem until we all changed to Hosted. I have made NO Changes to anything, Reckon has made the changes. Please let me know what else I can do to help.

Just a reminder, This problem also exists when emailing Remittance Advices to suppliers, and I have LOTS of them so I never know who has not received their statement advice.

It is only brought to my attention about missing Pay Slips as the staff naturally chase me when they think they have not been paid.

Thanks.
Photo of Jason Hollis

Just an update on this... we believe we have identified the issue and will update the community when we have a resolution. I will keep on the case.

Jason
Photo of Robin

Robin

Jason,
Here I am two weeks later and out of 36 Pay slips another 14 random pay slips have not emailed. Goodness knows how many supplier remittance advices are not going out.
Can Reckon please fix immediately as I am losing credibility.
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Robin,

As you know we have thousands of Hosted users and we are not seeing this across the board as we would have thousands of support calls a day on this topic, and according to our support team that is not the case.

So we can investigate further, could you please email community@reckon.com Attn: Jason Hollis along with your hosted username, company name and phone number. 

In the interim, have you added yourself as the BCC (under the send forms preference) to remittances and payslips to see if they are getting to your inbox?

Thanks,
Jason
Photo of Jason Hollis

Thanks for the email Robin. Just to update the community we are progressing with our analysis. I will advise ASAP.
Photo of Robin

Robin

Thanks, so long as you have identified that there is something wrong that is good.
Photo of Jason Hollis

No problem Robin. Just to clarify we are looking at why failed emails are not being reported back to the 'sender'. The reason they are failing is another issue and we can look at that once the first point is resolved, as this will provide you with the reason as to the fail.
(Edited)
Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
This upgrade still won't let me email payslips..

This upgrade still won't let me email payslips. This is the fourth pay run in a row that I've had this trouble where previous pay runs had been fine. What changed?? Certainly nothing my end. Please help!!!!
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Karen,

This could be a corruption of the 'send forms' module which has effected some users. Can you advise if you have multiple batches of emails still sitting in the send forms screen?

Or, are they sending but not getting through...?

Please advise when you can so we can try and narrow down the cause.

Thanks,
Jason
Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason, I have nothing come up in the "send forms" screen, after I have selected the pay slips or payment summaries that I need to send. Invoices seem to mail out fine. Thanks for your help.
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Karen, thanks for that. I wonder if this is similar to Robin's issue. While we are working on the failed email notification, could you possibly try a couple of things?

• Set up a BCC on payslips in the send forms preferences to your own email (make this a different email to the one in your company information if you can)
  • On the next payrun try emailing (ticking) one payslip at a time
  • After you have sent a few, go into preferences (Online > Company Preferences) and tick the checkbox highlighted below, and then run a few more... ** If you already have this box ticked, try running with it un-ticked.

Please let us know how you get on...

Regards,
Jason
(Edited)
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Karen,

I have just been following your posts in other threads and this may be another issue altogether. 

Please try this...

Go into the employee records (just one will do) and change the send form preference > save the record > change back to the preferred setting (ie Email or Both).

Then try emailing a payslip for this employee.

Also, if you don't have one already, create a custom payslip template (you can do this under Lists > Templates) and chose this template rather than the default. Alternatively, if you have a custom template then chose the default template and try emailing that one.

Again, please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Jason
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
email logs.

Is there any chance that we will be able to access logs of emails sent via Accounts Hosted.
I have customers who tell me they haven't received accounts emailed to them.  I do have it set up to send me a copy as well, but still no way of knowing if the customer has received them.  Occasionally I find that I send an invoice copied to me, but it doesn't arrive.  Having access to some sort of log that shows sent emails and if they have failed would assist.
Photo of Jason Hollis

Hi Gary,

This is exactly what development is working on with AWS. I am being updated regularly and will pass on to the community when I am next briefed.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

Ok, I might have found a way around this and bypass the Reckon email system altogether... but it only appears to work in Internet explorer....pity :(  NOTE: IE appears to be working OK...fingers crossed.

If I want to email an invoice, instead of clicking on the "email" box I select "print".  This will open the invoice as a PDF.  It appears to open in Foxit and Foxit is my default PDF reader, so I am not sure if Reckon are using Foxit or if it defaults to my default.  Regardless the Foxit reader that opens has the ability to send the PDF via email via your default email program.  In my case Thunderbird.

I have set up an email account specifically for sending out my accounts, but you can of course select any of your accounts.  Any failures to deliver are sent to your email account and not Reckon's! ... Bonus!

It is not a "perfect" solution, but at least I am now informed if the client doesn't get the invoice.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Gary, if you print to PDF it uses your Browsers/Machine's native settings.

eg. Chrome allows for Cloud printing. :).

Thanks for sharing your work around with everyone.

Jason or myself will let everyone know once we know more about this issue.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

Thanks Mirko...

It is interesting that the PDF opens within the browser via webconnect so you end up with it titled something like - {A2690AA6-F7AF-4F04-A249-6DFD498F6F40}.pdf.pdf.  whereas when sending from within the accounts package you get the Invoice number and sender.  It is no big thing to just rename the PDF, but it would be nice if one didn't have to do that step.
Photo of Robin

Robin

Hi Community,
Does anyone know if the reliability of emailing Pay Slips & remittance advice has been fixed?

I have been using the work around of sending the emails ONE-AT-A-TIME but this is painfully slow when sending over 70 emails!

I just want confidence that I can revert back to sending all emails at once and that they will definately ALL arrive as expected.
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Robin,

I'm sorry your issues are persisting.  I've organised one of our senior technicians to get in touch with you and progress the troubleshooting on your issues.  Expect a call within the next couple of days.  

regards,
John

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.