Failed to update company.: value too long for type character varying(16)

GJR
GJR Member Posts: 3
edited June 2019 in Reckon One

Hi. I have set up Reckon One Payroll. Am in the process of setting up GovConnect for Single Touch Payroll.

I hit get started and I punch in my ABN, where its says "In order to quickly and accurately connect you to the ATO for the first time please fill out the following information below," and hit verify.

It then correctly brings up my company name in the legal company name section. I then hit submit and get this error in red:

"Failed to update company.: value too long for type character varying(16)"

I cannot proceed from this point.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi GJR,
    Can I get you check off a couple of things in your Reckon Portal account's profile details.

Log into your Reckon Portal account and click on the Profile button in the top right corner.
    Can you please check that the 'My Details' section has valid details, particularly for the name, phone number and address fields. If not, can you please edit them and save the correct details before trying to register your ABN in the GovConnect service again.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GJR
    edited June 2019
    I have updated the details and am now getting; "Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch."

Do I need to phone through for support to do something about this one? We don't have GST branches.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me GJR,
    So just to confirm, you're definitely signing in to the same account that you attempted to first register the ABN under yes?

Is there a chance you, or anyone else in the business has already registered the ABN in a different Reckon Portal account?
    If not, can I grab the ABN and legal business name please. Also, can you confirm that the email address of Reckon Portal account you're using is the same email address for your this Reckon Community account.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GJR
    edited June 2019
    Same ABN yes.

I did have a staff member playing with the system a while back who has resigned. Not sure what was set up.

Email address is the same.

Is there any private messaging functionality on this forum? I'd rather not have my details up on a publically viewable website. Thanks
  • Rav
    edited July 2022

Sure, send it to me and just attention it to me along with including a link to this thread in the email.