Failed to Validate Pay Run Event

richard_9724653
richard_9724653 Member Posts: 18
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We've been running STPlodgements since July 2018 and have just received the Failed to validate message on the latest upload. The only difference to previous is a new employee. We've added other employees previously without it causing a problem. I've checked the data in the employee record, checked the rejected file against the last successful upload and I can find no obvious reason for this fail. Is there anything I should specifically be looking for?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Richard,
    When did you upload this pay event? We received word that the ATO had an outage with their SBR2 service earlier today but it looks to be back up now.

Usually that error message means that there is an invalid character in the pay event which is causing the json file to be rejected. Are you able to check if there are any special characters in this new employee record? A common one we've come across is quotation marks or brackets in address fields or spaces before or after phone numbers.

Let me know how you get on

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• richard_9724653
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav,
    I think I've found it. A duplicated employee number. Both recent additions were given the same number. I assume this is the problem but can't check because the operator can't access the portal presently getting a 401 Unauthorised message. Will try again later and I'll confirm for you.
    Many thanks
    Richard
  • richard_9724653
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav, it was the duplicated payroll number for the new employee. The file uploaded fine today.
    Many thanks
    Richard