Failed to Validate Pay Run Event

Mark_7630332
Mark_7630332 Member Posts: 6
edited June 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi
I am doing our first STP processing & when I get through to the GovConnect part of the Reckon Portal and try to upload my STP file, it comes up with an error message saying "Failed to Validate Pay Run Event".

It doesnt give any actual information on why it has failed - so any help would be appreciated!!

I tried adding in a branch number on our ABN (as per another users comments on a similar topic), but this did not help.
Thanks

Comments

• Mark_7630332
    edited July 2018
    Further to my last post - I seem to have the added complication that our company name is longer than the number of characters allowed in Reckon - so its impossible that they will match up with the ABN lookup & GovConnect names! PLEASE HELP!
  • Glynis_9713210
    Glynis_9713210 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2018

Hi Mark

Have you received a solution yet?

I have the same problem.  Our legal name is 125 characters long - Reckon Accounts Desktop field length is 58 characters.  No win situation.

• Mark_7630332
    edited July 2018
    Hi Glynis - no havent heard back as yet. Tried changing a few things and lodge again this morning - but no luck. Hopefully Reckon can come up with a sensible solution ASAP!
  • Glynis_9713210
    Glynis_9713210 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019

Hi Mark

We have successfully uploaded pay runs for 2 companies.  The solutions were different for each:

Company 1

An employee record included quote marks in the employee address because they live on a property named "....".  Quote marks ("  ")  are deemed invalid characters.  Once removed, we re-created the STP file & successfully uploaded.

Company 2

Legal name is 125 characters long.  The max allowable 59 characters in the Reckon Company Info field .  To successfully create and upload an ST file do this:

a. Edit the name in Reckon portal so that it is no longer than the maximum characters.  Also need to edit the name in Caps Lock.

b. Copy and paste the edited Reckon portal name into the Reckon Company Info field.

c. Re-create the STP file and upload.

I hope this assists you

Glynis

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Glynis :)
  • Mark_7630332
    edited July 2018
    Glynis you are a legend! Thanks for the tip - worked a treat. We had both of those things to contend with. Once changed it all went through fine!
  • Vivienne Galvin_7036271
    Vivienne Galvin_7036271 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    Thanks so much for this tip Glynis. I removed the "..." from the employee address and all good now. I have spent days on this! Thanks again
  • Tanya Radunz
    Tanya Radunz Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    I had the same error and was informed by Reckon Support that it was because an address we had for an employee had an asterix before and after the name of the farm in their address box and also it didn't like it that we had used brackets around the employee nicknames.

That fixed that error, then we got another error to do with an email address and that was because we had this ; symbol between 2 email address for an employee, so we had to remove one of the email address.

That fixed that error, then we got another error to do with the Company detail or ABN, so we changed the Company Name to uppercase to match what Govconnect had and then we took the 001 out of the box next to the ABN because we only had one company with this ABN and figured that we didn't need it. And low and behold it finally lodged. Yay
  • Helen Stewart
    Helen Stewart Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    can anyone help with error message    failed to validate pay run event.  I processed pays fine last week
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Helen, check out 11.) in the FAQs for some info around this -
    Single Touch Payroll FAQ's

Essentially, there is an invalid character(s) in the file you uploaded to GovConnect STP and as such the submission is being rejected. The invalid characters need to be corrected before it will go through successfully.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lynette Rochester_10065388
    Lynette Rochester_10065388 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    I have checked and double checked all of these and I am still getting Failed to Validate Pay Run Event error??
  • Michelle_9656470
    Michelle_9656470 Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2019
    OMG!  Thank you so much with the " " in the employee address!   I have been driven crazy for the last hour, and you have fixed it for me!  Thank you again!
  • Karen_10105766
    Karen_10105766 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    I have also checked and double checked and still keep getting this error.  I have even opened the .json file in notepad and worked through it to see if I could see any problem, looking for irregular info.  I have checked all the employee info as well.  Can someone please suggest anyone to talk to or way to find out what the error may be referring to.  I am trying to upload the file in preparation for next week. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Karen,
    In most cases the cause of the problem can be something very small like a quotation mark or some other invalid character being input where it doesn't belong. If you can't seem to find anything give our technical support team a call and they may be able to verify your JSON file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.