FBT Reportable not showing on Payment summary

Leshelle
Leshelle Member Posts: 103
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi there. Ive entered the FBT reportable amounts AFTER 31st March. Is there a way to get them to show on the payment summaries/STP reports? Theres nothing there at the moment. Last year I did it before 31 March, but this year the figures werent provided to me until April.Any help appreciated. Leshelle

Comments

• Leshelle
    edited April 2020
    I think I realize my mistake! I was supposed to open a previous pay run dated 31/3/19 or prior, and enter the FBT amounts in there. Instead I have entered them in a live pay run yesterday (12/6/19). does this mean they will pop up in the 2020 payment summaries? How can I fix this please?
  • Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2019
    Hi Leshelle,

just edit 12/6/19 pay to delete those FBT items, then choose the last pay in March 2019 and reenter there.

dont worry about STP as on your next upload all will be fixed!!

Gillian
  • Leshelle
    edited April 2020
    Ahh thanks Gillian. I really appreciate that!
    Leshelle
  • Gillian_8166819
    edited June 2019
    you are welcome - and just to note my all will be fixed comment - that is only true if your next upload contains that employee - if not let me know :)

Gillian
  • Leshelle
    edited April 2020
    Hi Gillian, thanks. All but one will be in the next upload.
    The one terminated employee is the one i just tried to fix first. This emp hasnt worked since last November, so when I opened paychq of 12/06, yesterdays NIL pay for her, unlocked net pay, deleted the two FBT items, tried to save, but would not allow me to save due to no hours or items, so FBT amounts remain unchanged.. So then I thought i'll edit the two FBT items to 0.01 and -0.01, it let me save and close, (good!) but then shutdown Reckon with an error !  
    Ive now gone back in, all seems ok, FBT amounts are 0.01 and -0.01, but how will this employees  correct FBT amounts get reported in STP once I put them in a pre 31 Mar 19 pay chq?

• Gillian_8166819
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leshelle,

1. I always do the FBT through, setting up an addition item called FBT, then I do a Year To Date Adjustment (its in the Employee heading dropdown) and make sure ALL dates are 31/3/19 as well as in the adj from 1/4/18 to 31/3/19.
    Then also make sure I click accounts affected button and Select NO accounts affected.....as this is for reporting purposes only and not to adjust any accs.

This saves all this + and - stuff in a payrun.

2. My understanding is that Reckon are going to have a bit of an EOFY payroll process for STP in the late June Tax Scales/update Patch. It should allow us to select ALL employees regardless of active or not, choose Finalisation for the year and upload...............I have advised all my clients NOT to finalise their last payrun until we see how this process will work.

ATO say we have till 31/7/19 to finalise payroll for the year - so just waiting for that 1st week in July to finalise will be fine.

When you uploaded that Employee in Nov to STP.....did you mark them as final?
    If so, I feel that you could 1. wait for patch or 2 after you fix the FBT, select that payrun and ONLY tick them and select final AND file replacement and export & upload.

My option would be wait for patch....

If you give me your email, I will contact you.

Gillian

• Leshelle
    edited June 2019
    Thanks heaps
    leshelle@optusnet.com.au

I think I'll wait for STP final patch