File Upload Failed

Daniel James_9560575
Daniel James_9560575 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted

I have recently replaced my old laptop with a new one running Windows 10. I can no longer upload files to import a bank statement into Hosted when using Internet Explorer 11. The file upload begins and I then get an "Upload Failed" message.
When using Fire Fox the file uploads normally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I prefer using Internet Explorer as my default browser.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi Daniel,
    How long would you say this has been occurring for? Have you been able to successfully upload files using IE quite recently?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Daniel James_9560575
    edited October 2018
    I can't say exactly when it started but I have the same problem with IE11 on another machine. I've tried to use the compatibility view but still no luck. I'm wondering if its a problem with version 11 of IE as my new laptop came with IE11 and my old machine updated to IE 11 last month according to my update history.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Daniel, I've tested this out with IE 11 on my end and am getting the same behaviour that you've outlined.

I've reported it to the Hosted team and they'll take a look into it.

Apologies for the hassle

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Barbara_9752659
    Barbara_9752659 Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2018
    I also have not been able to upload a timesheet import file which has been working perfectly up until now, using IE
  • Rav
    edited October 2018
    Hi Barbara, 
    Can you confirm if it uploads successfully using an alternative browser?

• Barbara_9752659
    edited October 2018
    i cant log in via Chrome or Edge only IE

• Daniel James_9560575
    edited October 2018
    Any advances on this problem Rav?

• Rav
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately not as yet Daniel, I'll let you know as soon as I have an update from the Hosted squad.

• Sarah Johnston
    Sarah Johnston Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2018
    Hi,  I am now having the same issue, when I try and upload my payroll timesheets it will not upload on the Internet explorer , but when I use Chrome I can upload? Also I cannot print out of  chrome I have to relog into Internet explore then to print my reports.  Please let me know if there is any updates on this.  Thanks Sarah
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited October 2018
    Hi Sarah,

Sorry for the issue you are having.

There is no issue on printing from Chrome though. You should be able to print it fine. If you are having an issue then possible it could be due to the Pop-up being blocked, from chrome.

Can you please follow this instruction http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5676 and let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Shisir
  • Sarah Johnston
    edited October 2018
    Hi Shisir,  Thanks so much yes it now works for me :)  If you could please keep me up to date with the upload files as I use an IIF file to upload my payroll timesheets directly into QB.  Thanks Sarah
  • Sarah Johnston
    edited October 2018

HI Shiisir, just for you information the last time I could upload my timesheets was the 18th October, not sure if something has happened since then?
  • Shisir
    edited October 2018
    Thank you for the Update Sarah, Glad it has sorted.

Yeah so regarding the upload from IE, it has been reported to dev, however, no ETA for the fix yet.

Regards

Shisir
  • Shisir
    edited October 2018

Actually Daniel and Sarah,

Dev has just come back to me and the issue has been identified.

It appears the for some reason, IE is not recognising our Hosted's URL as trusted and therefore was failing to upload any files.

Could you please add the hosted to the trusted sites from IE settings as below instructions?

1. Login to the hosted.
    2. Go to the Tools icon on the top right corner.

3. Select Internet Options.
    4. Go to Security Tab
    5. Select Trusted sited (green Tick icon) as shown below

6. Click on Sites. The Hosted URL will be automatically populated there. If not add it.
    7. And Add

This will add the hosted URL to the trusted zone. Now log off from the Hosted and restart the internet explorer and try again.

Regards

Please let me know how it goes. I have tested it on my end and is working correctly.

Shisir
  • Daniel James_9560575
    edited November 2018

Thanks Shisir, all working fine now.
  • Barbara_9752659
    edited November 2018
    Thanks from me too, all worked well today with the recommended fix :)