Finalising Single Touch payroll Data

Caroline_7309439
Caroline_7309439 Member Posts: 14
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is there a procedure that someone can link that shows how we finalise STP Data to the ATO for the End of Financial Year? My understanding is that we need to do this before the information is uploaded to our Employees MyGov account.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi Caroline,
    There will be new functionality coming to our product range, including Reckon Accounts Hosted in the next couple of weeks or so which will introduce a year end finalisation feature. This will present all the employees that have been paid throughout the financial year rather than just those in the last pay of the year.
    We'll have more info on this a little closer to release but will look something like this (could be subject to change).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_7931749
    Mark_7931749 Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav
    I've just successfully uploaded the STP file, pending approval (thanks to your help earlier this week) and noticed this query and as our last past run is next week wondered if there was anymore of an update on when this Release was going to be available?
    Thanks Mark
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hey Mark,
    Its coming through mid next week at the same time as the tax table update.
    The team have put together some more information on the Finalise Year process which I'll link below - EOY Finalisation

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_7931749
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav, sounds good :)
  • Anne Simmons
    Anne Simmons Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, do you lodge a normal pay in payroll premier and then do the End of Financial year upload, or just the End of Financial year upload as the last pay for the year.
  • Keri Whitelaw_10110151
    Keri Whitelaw_10110151 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav - Is this available as yet - we've just upgraded to V2019 Reckon Premier and the Finalise Year isn't yet appearing?
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Keri,
    Yes the tax table update has been released, if you're using 2019 Reckon Accounts Premier, you'll just need to ensure you've applied the tax table update. More info here.

• Candy Mo_7643541
    Candy Mo_7643541 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav,I cant see this function in 2019R2 at all, am I missing something? no finalise year option replace
  • Mark_7931749
    edited July 2019
    Hi again Rav

I've downloaded the R2 version and just tried to upload the file in the GovConnect but get an error on the screen.  Only stays for a few seconds, long enough to get screen snip, then disappears and no file uploads?

Are you able to assist?

thanks 
    Maek

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have this same issue with the above error. HELP!!!
  • Mark_7931749
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav & Jo-Anne
    Just thought/noticed my last pay run to the tax office status is still "Pending" could this have something to do with it?
    thanks
    Mark
  • Mark_7931749
    edited July 2019
    Hi Jo-Anne
    May not help you but as per my comment below, is your last pay run showing "Success" or still Pending?
    thanks
    Mark

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited July 2020
    Hi Mark, same problem as you. My last pay run is still showing pending from the 26/06
  • Mark_7931749
    edited July 2019
    OK thanks Jo-Anne, hopefully that's it and our runs are a "Success" soon?
    cheers
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mark & Jo-Anne,
    A couple of things, firstly that error message from your screenshot.. This message usually comes up when there is a mismatch in the file types between the STP pay event export file in your Reckon accounting software and the submission method selected in GovConnect.
    To put it a bit more simply, you may have chosen the 'Full File Replacement' in GovConnect STP whereas the pay event was just a normal one ie. not created as a Full File Replacement in your accounting software.

Secondly, in relation to pay events that are in 'Pending' status. At the moment, the ATO's systems are taking an absolute battering with an extremely high volume of transmissions being sent to them. STP pay event processing will be delayed. I'd recommend checking back on these submissions later and ensure that you click on the 'Detail' link on the pay event so it updates with the latest response from the ATO. (More info here)

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited March 2020
    Hi Rav,

clearly there is an issue at the ATO, however, this has been pushed onto us and now they cannot handle the volume. Typical of the ATO, they cannot provide a stable platform. Very frustrating.

I can confirm that I did not select full file replacement.

what do we do now. Wait a day or so and then try and push the pay run through again.

Do we resubmit the final pay event or will it be accepted eventually?
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2019
    My large pay run from the 26.06 is still showing as pending too.   I have to do pays tomorrow.  What do I do?
    What about the finalise year option?  Can I process this financial years pay before I finalise last years pays?

• Jacqueline_10114168
    Jacqueline_10114168 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Hello Rav,

I am having another issue altogether. Started STP with our RA desktop in May and also have a terminated guy which was not previously included. Did all as instructed and absolutely no issues with the uploading and successful lodging. All figures are correct and so on. I even have my Income statement "Tax ready" in MyGov as of today BUT here is the thing. The period it covers states May to June - NOT the whole financial year??
    Yep I did finalise in 2019R2 as the support notes say but it seems the program does not catch the correct period (and I am unable to enter the period before lodging). My question: Are you aware of this? And will this be an issue when lodging the tax as in most of my staff's case it should be July18 to June 19. What did I miss or did I?
    Cheers Jacqueline

• Jacqueline_10114168
    edited July 2019
    Did all this as per instructions and income statements are tax-ready but the period does not specify all financial year - only from when I started using STP (in May) to June? See my comment further down below.
    Are you aware of thsi? Will that be an issue wit h the ATO or when lodging a tax return? My staff is sure to corner me ion this one?
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Jacqueline.  Don't be concerned about those dates.  I have looked up my own MyGov account.  It states the payment period as being 1/6/2019 to 30/6/2019 - STP only happened in the last pay in June.  Whilst the dates might not seem to be correct, the figures quoted are for the full year and not just for June.  You could also issue your own Payment Summary for staff to compare with what it says in MyGov if they want certainty.
    John L G
  • Jacqueline_10114168
    edited July 2019
    Hi John, thank you for your reply. I do think that it doesn't matter much when it comes to preparing a tax return. From memory it only lists employer and totals for that employer anyway. I was actually pretty happy how smooth it all went considering the trouble some people seem to have. I am though curious if the ATO would take issue with it or if Reckon are aware that their "finalisation" process doesn't get the dates correct. Perhaps that is something they could change in future. Jacqueline :-)
  • Jocelyn
    edited July 2020

I ended up doing the Finalise year submission through to STP regardless of the Pending status of my last pay and it has processed as successful.  Our employees are now showing as tax ready in their mygov accounts. 

• Marina Tretyak
    Marina Tretyak Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    How do you finalise an employees final pay in reckon
  • Daniela Cea
    Daniela Cea Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2020
    Hi Jocelyn, how long take to show that the taxes are ready in their mygov accounts?

• Jocelyn
    edited July 2020

This year it was within 30 minutes of me finalizing the STP.