Find prior period entries

Kevin_8669814
Kevin_8669814 Member Posts: 15
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I am reconciling last years tax return figures back to the ending balances of last year.  I have found that my total expenses are out by $3k.  I thought I locked prior period entries, but it is possible that I didn't.  Is it possible in the audit trial to find prior period entries?

Ie - can I search a date range 01/07/2015-15/09/2016 for entries that are dated before 30/06/2015?

I am using Reckon Hosted.

Thanks, 

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Try to get your original Trial balance that you sent to your Tax Agent and compare to what you have now, assuming your tax agent used your TB, then do a Net movement , you will see the difference and then do the journal entry.
    This is the way i would do. you get it resolved .

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Kevin_8669814
    Kevin_8669814 Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2016
    That is our original plan, however, the ledger is at a different location at the moment.  Was hoping the software would be capable of finding the wayward entry.

Thanks, 
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hello Kevin

If your close off date was not set, you can run an Audit Trial report found under Reports Accountant.

You can then modify this report to set the report date range as well as the dates entered/last modified.

You should then find the transaction that was back dated.

Adrian

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Just be sure to set the entered/last modified date to the date on or after you gave the reports/file to the accountant. As I would presume you would have been processing entries during July. . . .