Finishing Fortnight for Jobkeeper

Tania Lindenmayer
Tania Lindenmayer Member Posts: 37
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
if a staff member is finishing Jobkeeper early and I am paying them for this fortnight which is eligible for job keeper but it is their last do I use the next pay fortnight as the end date or this fortnight?

Comments

• Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    use the NEXT JobKeeper fortnight No  as the FINISH FN - otherwise you won't get payment for this current Job Keeper Fortnight that  they are still eligible for
    Note Reckon had in their instructions to use the same FINISH FN  and i am unsure if updated - we found out the hard way that if you put the same FN FINISH date down as the last FN they are eligible you don't get the JK Payment
  • Lauren_10794725
    Lauren_10794725 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    me too.. how did you rectify? Reckon really should have put a notification out that this is wrong
  • Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I altered the FN on the pay and did an update event but as it was already after the end of the relevant FN / claim cycle final date so  it didn't update to the ATO JK section   - It was only one employee for us and we had already claimed that cycle so we didn't worry in the end.  i believe others have called the ATO and had it manually altered to be included in the claim
  • Lilly Scalora
    Lilly Scalora Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2020
    Hi Linda/Rav

By the end of Sept, we are still don't know if we eligible for Jobkeeper 2, so do we still need to use FN13 as finish the Jobkeeper 1?
  • kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

Should have read Janine Dickson's post before I submitted my last JK payrun through STP. Just received an email (1st.Oct) from ATO stating exactly what Janine posted - "use the NEXT JobKeeper fortnight No as the FINISH FN - otherwise you won't get payment for this current Job Keeper Fortnight that they are still eligible for"

This was not clear in Reckon's user manual (see attached)

All my eligible employees finishes JK on 27th.Sept (FN13). As per Reckon's user guide, I added JOBSEEKER-FINISH-FN13 to the last pay run. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

ATO suggested this, "You need to check that you haven't end dated an employee incorrectly by providing a JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN13 code in your STP reporting, as this will end date your employees from 13 September; If your employees are eligible for the second fortnight in September you can correct this by sending the code JOBKEEPER-START-FN13 through STP. This will allow you to update your eligible employees and correctly complete your monthly declaration" - not 27 September

I can't do the above as I already have 2 pay runs (one weekly and a monthly) submitted. As such, when you create a $0 pay run for all the employees affected, you 'inherit' all the JK-FINISH-FN13 and JK-TOPUP codes in the STP file. (don't know why). So this is what I did to ensure that only JK-START-FN13 is in the file. Not sure if it's correct but will check with ATO tomorrow.

1. Undo the 2 pay runs with JK-FINISH-FN13 and JK-TOPUP pay item
    2. Delete only the JK-FINISH-FN13 item
    3. Resubmit the 2 pay runs via STP
    4. Created an Unscheduled pay run with JK-START-FN13 (may be unnecessary) and submit via STP

To Reckon support ---- This should have been published and the user guide updated. Lots of time lost . I read Reckon's user guide at least TWICE to ensure I get it right. Alas, it was wrong. Please update before more users get into the same predicament as I

• Jo Arnold
    Jo Arnold Member Posts: 87 ✭✭

Can anyone please advise which payrun and what Jobkeeper finish FN date I should use. We are not applying for Jobkeeper 2 so the last payrun ending 27 September will be the last fortnight we will be claiming for.

Do I put the FN date in my next payrun and will it be FN 13 or 14?

Thanks in advance.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,290 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited October 2020

Do nothing, just stop paying any topups