Fix Reconciliation balance

Options
Paul Dwyer_8150312
Paul Dwyer_8150312 Member Posts: 8
edited November 2016 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, can someone help me with a reconciliation problem please? My ending balance on my last recon was out, I have located the problem however the two amounts date back 10 and 7 months and they had been deleted. Is there a way to re-enter the amounts and reconcile to get my balance correct without having to undo almost 12 months recons? These amounts were just Transfers. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Fizzer
    Fizzer Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have done this many times and have found the best way is to do the entries in the Journal or transfer, then Proceed to reconcile the last month only, Ignoring the starting balance, Put in the DATE and Closing balance as normal and the NEW (OLD) entries should be on top of your reconciliation list. Reconciling those and the current month should bring the result to ($0.00) difference. Issues only arise if the amounts change or something else is allocated (like payslips and Super etc.)
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I ended up doing the same as Fizzer ... funny how we lost one random entry as well :(....
  • Paul Dwyer_8150312
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you, I will give this ago Fizzer, fingers crossed!

• Paul Dwyer_8150312
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fizzer do  you mean to undo and re-reconcile the last month/or reconciled dates, or to just proceed with my reconciliation from now with the incorrect balance?
  • Paul Dwyer_8150312
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Problem solved - what a relief - thank you!!!