forecasts

Options
Denis Bourke
Denis Bourke Member Posts: 12
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I am commencing the early stages of the budget round in preparation for the next financial year. Our financial year is to 31 December. I am intending the present departmental managers with forecasts figures based on the current year, to work from. In producing the first two class (departmental) reports I could not understand the numbers. I only took over as the accountant last July. After a lot of investigation I found that QB is picking up figures for the y/ended 31 Dec 2013, not the current 2014 year. Can someone explain why?

Comments

• Denis Bourke
    Denis Bourke Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled forecasts.

I am commencing the early stages of the budget round in preparation for the next financial year. Our financial year is to 31 December. In producing the first two class (departmental) reports I could not understand the numbers. I only took over as the accountant last July. After a lot of investigation I found that QB is picking up figures for the y/ended 31 Dec 2014, not the current 2014 year. Can someone explain why?

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Denis

My file does the same - I figure it must be programmed that way.  It really should allow you to select a particular financial year, or better yet, any 12 month period. (eg prepare a budget for Jan-Dec2015 based on Nov2013-Oct2014).

You can delete the budget by selecting it then Edit > Delete Budget.

I like to work in Excel for Budgeting, then enter Budget from scratch.  This is done as follows:
    • Generate Profit & Loss report for Current Financial Year
    • Modify Report
    • Display Tab - change "Display Columns By' from Total Only to Month
    • Filters Tab - Filter for the Particular Class that you want.  You will have to repeat for each class
    • Fonts & Numbers Tab - Tick "Except Zero Amounts" and "Without Cents"
    Generate Report. then
    • Export Button at top of report
    • Select new excel worksheet
    • Advanced Tab - untick "Space Between Columns"
    Export

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your response Graham. I'll also pass on your suggestion to our Developers!