Frequent message prompt: Reckon Accounts has experienced a problem and must be shut down.

dorothy
dorothy Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
When write a cheque or refresh a report, message prompts: ReckonAccounts has experienced a problem and must be shut down. We apologize for the inconvenience. The system needs to shut down. This is a frequent problems and frustration too. Please help to resolve. I am using RECKON ACCOUNT 2013 Thank you

Comments

• dorothy
    edited December 2016
    Have done several times but problem still coming back
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Resort all your lists, it view resort list Run the rebuild then create a portable back and restore it.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Is this problem occurring on a simple cheque entry?  I find I have this problem if I am making several changed on a cheque when adjusting prices or tax. The program prefers to work with clean fresh entries.

• dorothy
    edited December 2016
    Yes, but also when I refresh the report too.
  • dorothy
    edited December 2016
    Thank you. I have tried it .
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Have you tried clearing splits
  • dorothy
    edited May 2017
    No. But how?
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Is the problem on all cheques or one supplier? We had a problem with Qld Transport closing down the program. We tried everything to find the corruption but to no avail. The only thing we could do was to start another supplier with a longer version of the name. Even when we started a new file we had the same issue with the same supplier. Even after deleting the name and then re-entering the name. 

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    How to clear splits?  On the bottom of the cheque or bill there is a button labelled 'Clear Splits'

• dorothy
    edited December 2016
    all cheques
  • dorothy
    edited December 2016
    Thank you
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    you will really need to do a complete verified rebuild. If this doesnt help, then you can try to reinstall the program, that can fix program corruptions but not file corruptions.