Frustrations with Hosted 2017

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago

So having resisted cloud for a while to let things settle, I took the plunge and wish I could go back to be more efficient than cloud is.

so here is a list of frustrations:

1 no integration with 365 mail so sending emails is from our account - the amount of clients and suppliers which had me blocked as spam because it is an unknown email - in fact, one major wholesaler automated system allocated all of my orders to reckon as they were coming from reckon - big nightmare

2 unable to add or change recipients via reckon as it is all text based - suggestion to email to me then resent is absolutely ridiculous taking up valuable time

3 no security 2 factor authentication for external use - just an initial authentication not every time -  if a staff member is off company site, I do not want them to access reckon unless they have been approved to do so.  this is a security hole. there should be a device 2FA  to ensure it is approved by owner/management and can be revoked. 

4 no spell checking in emails nor auto correct

5 clipboard so buggy and unreliable setting up new items manually typing all the text is so crude, this also means typing the complete email addresses if needing to be changed as clipboard isn't working all the time

6 printing to pdf then to printer - unable to print to any printer

7 more is expected for the cost and being "enterprise"

If the bulk is due to it being based around SQL and ported to Azure, then Reckon should go back to M$ and tell them to fix their compatibility for a better experience and less development cost or go MYSQL (another issue in itself).

well that's my 10c worth for now.

Photo of Peter Lawrie

Peter Lawrie

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Let down

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 38,624 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Its not on Azure. You are thinking of Myob. Reckon is hosted on Amazon web servers. Have you used any of the online offerings? I use all of them. Pricewise and featurewise Reckon compares quite favorably. How often do you need to clear your cache while using X program or the I program? Oh and neither the X program nor the I program have an offline mode which is a serious drawback imho