Fundamental productivity issues

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Reckon,

Ignoring the various "bugs" which you will hopefully fix ASAP, there are 3 fundamental productivity issues designed into the new version I have identified so far (when I was able to log in):

1. New print method - 3 extra clicks + load time
2. Clumsy clipboard work around - 2 extra steps
3. Smaller screen area due to being loaded browser - scrolling time

These may seem like small things but will impact productivity significantly over a work day compared to the Citrix version
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

• 918 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Daniel Henderson

Daniel Henderson

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't even get logged in to find problems it always has connection issues
Photo of dak

dak

• 818 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The clipboard thing is a joke.
Photo of Charles van Rotterdam

Charles van Rotterdam

• 9,734 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Not having trouble with printing, shows reports in pdf quickly and then to your printer, better than not having your printer show in the list and having to log out and then back in again

Clipboard, awkward but copy and paste within the program not having too much of a problem though it keeps wanting me to use the local clipboard but just use ctrl C and ctrl V

Smaller screen, go to view and select full screen. I do imagine on a laptop there wouldn't be much room left.

Photo of gramps376

gramps376

I'm not having trouble printing either, agree it is a more failsafe method than Citrix but it is just inefficient. If you clicked print then it brought up the PDF that would be fine. The problem is you click print, then click print again from the dialogue screen, then view, then PDF opens, then you click print within the PDF viewer!

We copy + paste between browser tabs for almost every transaction - invoicing, new customer  details etc so this workaround is a significant productivity issue for us.

I'm going to have a another look at Xero. There is a pricing matrix add on available for Xero now which would replace the "price levels" functionality of RAH we currently use.
Photo of Rod Clark

Rod Clark

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
How do you get copy and paste on an ipad ? The idea of cloud based computing is to be able to use it any where - iPads are made for this - reckon don't seen to care
Photo of Rebs

Rebs

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't even get in!
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

Reckon, the new copy and paste and printing methods are a joke

Any plans to improve them in future updates? If not I will be switching