Generating a receipt to email to clients for payments received

Options
Bronwyn Ferguson_6731241
Bronwyn Ferguson_6731241 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Does anyone know if, and how, I can generate a receipt for a payment received, that I can email to clients please? My business is for services provided so I generate an invoice which people pay after I have provided the service. As most of my clients aren't in my local area, I'd like to be able to email them a receipt once they have paid, but have been unsuccessful in being able to figure out how I can do that. Thank you

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Bronwyn,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Accounts Business does not produce receipts for payment of invoices as it is not required by law.  

There are two ways you can acknowledge your customers' payments:
    1. Send them a copy of the invoice with the PAID stamp across it (Save as PDF)
    2. Send them a statement that shows the invoice and the payment and the balance outstanding.  
    Hope these options are acceptable to you. 

regards,
    John

• Bronwyn Ferguson_6731241
    Bronwyn Ferguson_6731241 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thank you John - yes that is helpful - I will take up the No. 1 option :-)
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That's great Bronwyn.

Let me know how it goes.

cheers,
    John
  • Jodie_6714501
    Jodie_6714501 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled payment receipts. Is there a way yet to print a payment receipt, for a customer.  I know that you can print invoice that says paid, but sometimes my customers do not pay the whole amount in one go, so I would like to print them a receipt for what they have paid.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Jodie,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Reckon Community.

I have merged your post to an existing discussion we have going, as it relates to the same issue.

The only method to provide as 'payment receipt' is as you have mentioned earlier. One option would be to provide a Statement  for that customer, which shows all invoices and payments you have logged for them.

Hope this helps!

Mirko
  • Lyndall
    Lyndall Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been a long time user of quickbooks and now Reckon. In quickbooks. We were previously  able to print receipts and I note that the US version of the program allows this, so I am disappointed that the feature has been removed from the current software. Printing a statement is not the same as a receipt for a payment. 

• Bindy Lockhart
    Bindy Lockhart Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I agree printing a receipt off from previous history without any identification and then having to stamp your receipt with your company logo looks not only unprofessional but is also time consuming
  • Bruce Terry
    Bruce Terry Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi All,

New to Reckon One from Reckon Accounts so excuse me if I have this wrong but can I add another scenario where a printed receipt is the best option.

We have a number of walk-in 'casual' clients, who need a service once in a lifetime and for who setting up a new account is just not manageable on a long term basis.

When we first setup Reckon Accounts we created a single customer called 'Cash Sale', then whenever we got a walk-in client we created a Sales Receipt  for 'Cash Sale' noting some basic ID details, which was then printable and able to be handed to the client at the point of sale.

Sure, we could do something similar in Reckon One but that means we have to first create an invoice, then receive payment for that invoice before we can print anything to hand to the client at the point of sale.

I might be wrong but I don't see it as a big change to allow receipt printing so that using Reckon One as a replacement for Reckon Accounts is a viable option for businesses with casual walk-in customers.