Mouse disappears, TAB button broken

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

can no longer use quickbooks in our store.

problems so far.... in our 1st hour

. MOUSE DISAPPEARS WHEN WE TYPE IN QB
. TAB BUTTON BROKEN
we can not use the program if the mouse and tab are broken.

. PRINTING IS A WASTE OF TIME

i have not even sent an invoice out via email.... whats going to happen then?

GIVE US BACK THE PROGRAM WE PAID FOR

i did not buy this upgrade.

i paid for the CITRIX quick books program.

btron

• 1,044 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • OVER IT

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jason Beaven

Jason Beaven, Alum

• 1,086 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Btron,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with the mouse not working.
Can I begin by collecting some data to troubleshoot.

What operating system are you using?
What browser are you using? Can you logged out and back in again.
Can you try in Google Chrome if you are not using it?

Regards,
Jason.
Photo of Lisa Cowley

Lisa Cowley

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Seriously Jason this is not good enough. I understand you are not directly accountable for this interruption but this is causing so many issues for people with businesses who need this to be working to go about operating our business. Clearly the people who are responsible have NO idea what they cause nor do they seem to care. btron above is absolutely right "we did not pay for this!!" to not answer calls or respond is just not fair. I've thought about changing and demanding my money back for the past 4yrs as its a consistent problem but this time I think I'm finally done with QB hosted and will be looking elsewhere.
Photo of Dale O Neil

Dale O Neil

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am really pretty annoyed about the upgrade and it isn't dummy friendly for me.  Giving me the willie nillies.  Not to mention having to back tab to go forward, cannot copy past... my window is smaller as I cannot save cause it doen't show at the bottom of the screen nor can I copy and past.. Well and truly up the creek bonza..  I really need to talk to someone and since it is the weekend... well say no more, the tech-heads charge $4.00/min... YIKES

Sorry, but I am not an ACE with puters and this bloody programe... I really need help.

I am wanting my money back, so I can buy something simple for a simpleton....
Photo of Donna Barletta

Donna Barletta

• 738 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am having trouble with the TAB key as well. Half the time it tabs forward and then for no reason it starts going backwards. When I hold the shift and TAB to get it going forward again, then I can just press the TAB key to move forward again. I also hate the new printing and how it times out so you have to log back in. I also hate how you can't click in this box to amend a typo, without deleting everything after the mistake and type it all again.
Photo of btron

btron

OSX 10.8.5
Firefox 31.0

meh Chrome i dont want to update all my computers.....
Photo of Jason Beaven

Jason Beaven, Alum

Hi Btron,

I had the same problem on Mac 10.9.4 Firefox 31 when you use the Tab key in the description field on an Invoice the mouse disappears.
To get it back I had to move the mouse to the Icon Dock at the bottom of the screen and then I can use the mouse again. This is not a fix, it's just what i have tested and found.

On Chrome v38 there is no issue with the Tab key or Mouse going missing.

Safari 7.0.5 I have no issue.

I will log the Firefox find but there is no ETA. Please install Chrome to fix.

Regards,

Jason.
Photo of Costa

Costa

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the latest version of Chrome and it does not work on my Mac

Photo of Margaret Manchee

Margaret Manchee

• 2,222 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I use Google Chrome too Jason! Got in but black screen. Your 1300 number is engaged...beep beep beep

Margaret Manchee

Think your phone is crashed not just your server!
Photo of Craig Melville

Craig Melville

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine is the same as yours Margaret.  After several attempts I was able to get in however it just comes up with a black screen.  This is rather frustrating.  We went to reckon because we were told we would have no problems with it with our Mac computers.......right!!!  At least it's the beginning of a new year .......not too much data to re enter into a new system!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Mouse cursor dissapears.

Two mac computers, two Reckon users - both with the same problem. The mouse cursor vanishes from the screen making using the package impossible. Wait a while and the mouse cursor reappears, then shorty after vanishes again.

It gets worse. It is not only in reckon but is happening across multiple other programs as long as we have been using the new hosted version.

This cant be a coincidence on two computers with the same problem?

Both computers are MAC running OSX 10.9.4 & Firefox 31.0

Please help, the system is barely useable.
Photo of btron

btron

Safari and Firefox still buggy.... chrome no better... on two different mac computers... :(
Photo of Jason Beaven

Jason Beaven, Alum

btron,

Chrome still working for me and Firefox still broken in regards to using the Tab key and then losing the mouse pointer. If this happens move the invisible mouse to the Icon Dock to see again.

Can you please advise what you are doing when this breaks using Chrome to see if I can replicate on my Mac.

Jason.
Photo of btron

btron

LIES... they dont work
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

• 918 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Photo of btron

btron

NOT SOLVED - Saying use a different browser is not a proper fix.  We use mac computers so all our staff calendars and documents are connected. Using Chrome is not a fix for us as we have invested time and money into our Safari cloud servers.  
Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

• 3,834 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
HI Btron,

Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing the same issues?

Cheers.
Andrew
(Edited)
Photo of btron

btron

YES... all browsers.... we can not work with this software anymore... we have even found more buggs but dont have the time to post on this forum as we are all working harder and longer to cover for RECKONS mistake...
Photo of SL

SL

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is just WRONG.  Did anyone bother to Beta test this new facility?

I did manage to get in via Safari for all of 3 minutes before my screen froze, so I tried Google Chrome.

I got in on the second attempt, and was having a good run for 5 minutes and the enter button was taking me backwards instead of forwards.  Saw some people have this issue, so I tried the shift button and got another good 5 or so minutes before it did it again, and again.  By the 10th time it had had a complete meltdown with delete (backspace) now giving me brackets, neither enter or tab would move between fields, and no amount of button pressing helped. 

Back to the forum we go. I flicked back to my accounts, bashed to keyboard in frustration and finally got enter to work between fields.

With some more shift button pressing I did manage to get a few things done before I had to switch Tabs and do some online banking - a good 15 - 20 minutes later I went back to the accounts program, started entering data and BOOM! I get kicked out and back to the log in page.

Try and log in again and for the last 10 minutes it's been establishing a connection....

FIX THE PROBLEM RECKON.   AND

All users of Reckon hosted should be COMPENSATED for the loss of time we have had consumed by YOUR FAILURE TO ENSURE THIS SYSTEM WORKED.

Margaret Manchee

Yes I have same problems. 
Photo of Kim Barker

Kim Barker

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So where do we send the invoices to Reckon for the cost of all our down time and extra time spent trying to do things that where working fine before!!! My son is in daycare for 1 day a week so I can do what I need to only to have reckon not working properly because of some stupid upgrade which should have been tested and user friendly before installed! Seriously looking at changing and Reckon can refund me for my hours trying to fix things and for the cost of daycare!
Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

• 3,834 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi SL and Margaret

Are you still experiencing and issues logging in or using Hosted?

If so please let me know as soon as possible.

Kim, Can you please let me know exactly what issues you are experiencing?

Thank you
Andrew
Photo of btron

btron

anyone try to highlight text yet? or edit a customers address... [COMMAND + Q]
Photo of Dale O Neil

Dale O Neil

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't copy from an external page and  paste into Reckon, also if you want to edit something it hightlights the whole line... Have problems with the Sales/Tax Receipt...  Reckon gave me the "hits" before the upgrade and now sheeze, just because I am comp. and Reckon illiterate...
(Edited)
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

• 918 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
NOT SOLVED - using a different browser is not a solution
(Edited)
Photo of Kim J

Kim J

New problems every day.  I had the disappearing mouse problem, changed to Chrome and that now works, but today I cannot move within creating invoices. No tab, no enter, automatically highlights whole text and I can't deselect it.  Can't use multi-user, can't do much at all. When I print, the text is either blurry or all the letters merging into each other, or it shrinks the invoice.  It's been 5 days and I have hardly done any work, my boss is fuming, I don't think he believes me its all quickbooks, thats impossible!  Ha!  
Photo of btron

btron

.....is sad Kim J ... i dont think they know how to fix it
Photo of btron

btron

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
WHERES MY MOUSE GONE.

MOUSE DISAPPEARS - MAC
Photo of lee1977

lee1977

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

I am same as Kim J. Using IE 11 and Firefox as alternate browsers on pc and laptop and my tab 95% of the time sends me backwards which is just plain useless and the automatic highlighting of text and not being able to deselect is plain frustrating!! Is there any sort of fix for this yet????

Photo of SL

SL

The only way to stop the Tab button from sending you backwards at the moment is pressing the shift button twice.
Pain in the arse. Wait until you hit CTRL+DEL together to delete a line in the window. You lose the use of enter and/or Tabbing between fields. If you have autofill for some suppliers it will assume that "enter" after bringing the suppliers name up in the bill means record the transaction.
Bloody ridiculous! 
And there's more than just this...
Photo of RL

RL

• 512 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been reading through all of these messages. There is one thing that I can not understand nor condone, the arbitrary changes to the SOE. I realise that some of the users are independent from a large company IT structure but we should not be telling users that to repair a tested programme is to change the internet gateway they are using. There are other issues that just might appear , say like my bank wants me to use IE10 and Reckon wants me to move to Chrome? not right. Get the system running on the listed environments and let the users keep the solutions that they know work for them. No more Hopscotch. So far I have ben very lucky with my IE 11 Windows 8.1 solution. No other banking or supplier website is complaining, that is until Reckon comes to town. Get a life and let me have mine back. This is Sunday and I am still recovering. 
Photo of Kate

Kate

• 60 Points
Has anyone been able to fix these problems????
I'm having these same issues and loosing my mind!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.