Google Log In

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
When I first logged into Reckon I opted to login using Google. I have no idea what my Reckon password is and there is no way to find out.
When I try and reset my password Reckon says: Please use google to sign in.
The reason this is a problem is because I can't login to the Reckon App as I can't login using Google and I don't know my password nor can i retrieve it anywhere.

So either how do I reset my password, or how do I login to the app using Google or delete my account and start again?
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,542 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jenni,
When you created your original Reckon Portal account using the Google sign-in method, what was it for? Single Touch Payroll via the GovConnect application/service or Reckon One/Cloud POS or something else?

The reason I ask is, if you've already got a Reckon Portal account and have setup GovConnect for Single Touch Payroll then you will need to continue using that service moving forward.
The new STP app is specifically for micro-businesses (1-4 employees) who don't utilise accounting software for payroll functions.
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

Hi Rav, I created account for Reckon, not any specific product.  I am wanting to use the App for STP reporting as we only have 2 employees.
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

I did not use the  GovConnect, and do not have that set up.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ok thanks for that Jenni.
In that case, what you can do is sign up for a new account on the app itself. Just hit the blue 'Sign up' button on the app, enter your email address and a password that you'd like to use and go through the prompts to setup the app.

The app account is completely separate from the other Reckon Portal account and provided that you haven't setup GovConnect under that previous account you should be good to go.
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

It tells me that  email address has already been registered...
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Can I confirm, is the email address you're trying to register on the app the same as the one you've used for this Reckon Community account?
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

yes it is.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Let me double check this with the app team, will come back to you shortly.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jenni,
Our Portal team will look at deleting the previous Reckon Portal account so that it frees up the email address for you to use on the app.

Please note - the app does not have a Google or Office365 sign-in method so you will need to create an account normally using the same email address.

I'll let you know once this is completed.
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

Thanks Rav, Let me know.   :-)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Apologies for the delay Jenni, I've just received word from the team that this has been completed.

You should be able to create a new account on the app using that email address.
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

Thanks Rav, I have now been able to log in!  Thank you.

However, now that i am in.  there is an error on each page saying
GraphQL error: you do not have permission to access this resource

It comes up with the same error on each page that I am trying to access.  Settings, Company, Employees and Pay Runs
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jenni,
Could you please delete the app in full from your phone, and then re-download it from your respective app store and try again please? Let me know if there's any difference (or not).
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

Hi Rav, I deleted the app and reinstalled and it still has the same error :-(
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

are you also able to organise for the account manager@.... at the same email address as mine to be deleted.  as this one is having troubles too
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Jenni, let me speak with the app team on what is happening here. I'm really sorry, I'll need to come back to you on this
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jenni,
Just want to confirm, are you using the Android or iOS version of the app?
Can you also let me know your phone model, Android/iOS version and if you've updated to the latest version of the app.

Cheers
(Edited)
Photo of Jenni McNeish

Jenni McNeish

ios version 
Photo of Susie Johnston

Susie Johnston

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
is there a way to change my log in method? I originally signed up for the login with google, but want to change it to username and password.