GovConnect STP Update - Submission status improvements

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited January 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi everyone,

We’re making some changes to Reckon GovConnect STP to assist in identifying the status of Single Touch Payroll submissions to the ATO easier and also display more detailed information such as who submitted the pay event, whether an agent was involved in submitting the pay event and the ATO receipt ID.

NEW STATUS NAMES IN THE SUMMARY LIST
The status message on the pay event summary list page of Reckon GovConnect STP has been updated to reflect the relevant ATO status for the pay event. 
There are three statuses - 
  • Pending means that the status has not been checked and you need to open the detail page to get the updated ATO status. If the status remains pending on the detail page it means the ATO is still processing the pay event.
  • Error will appear if the transaction has been rejected by the ATO
  • Success will appear when the transaction is successful.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to see the most recent update from the ATO for a pay event you must open the pay event by clicking the 'Detail' link. Please note, the status on the list screen is not dynamic ie. it will not change in real time. You need to click into the pay event itself to view the most recent status from the ATO. The list screen will then update to reflect one of the 3 status results above.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON PAY EVENT DETAIL PAGE
The status bar in the pay event detail page has also been updated with new information.

The status bar will now display the name of the submitter who sent the pay event, the name of the agent if an agent was involved in the submission, as well as the ATO receipt number. 
Reckon and/or the ATO may request the ATO receipt number if you call us for support.

Important! ATO receipt numbers should never be divulged publicly as they are directly linked to your business and payroll records with the ATO (the example shown here is from a development environment).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Fiona Zinn
    Fiona Zinn Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2018
    All my transactionns dating back to the beginning of July'18 are now all reading 'Pending''. Do I need to do anything, or does it simply mean the ATO is overloaded and hasn't processed any of my submissions?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    • Pending means that the status has not been checked and you need to open the detail page to get the updated ATO status.
      If the status remains pending on the detail page it means the ATO is still processing the pay event.

Open an individual pay event by clicking the 'Detail' link and check the ATO status at the top of the screen.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

113396 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi,
    Mine have all changed this week too. All pay runs from 25th July are now "Pending", except todays that is marked as a success. The pay runs before 25th July are also successful. It does not make sense. When I click on the detail link it does not change the status. Why are all these now "Pending" - it is new?
  • Rav
    edited October 2018
    Hi Debbie,
    To clarify, for the pay events that are showing the 'Pending' status only, if you go into the pay event by clicking the Detail link what is showing as the ATO Status at the top of the page?

edited October 2018
    Still says "Pending" under ATO Status

• Rav
    edited October 2018
    When you're on the list screen, hold down the Ctrl button and press F5.
    The page will perform a 'hard refresh'.

Does the Pending status change after this?

Please note, the status on the list screen is not dynamic ie. it will not change in real time. As mentioned in my post above, you need to click into the pay event itself to view the most recent status from the ATO. The list screen will/should then update to reflect one of the 3 status results in my opening post.

edited October 2018
    Hi Rav,
    I have tried as you suggested and nothing changes - still "pending " on the list of the pay runs & also "Pending" when you go into each individual pay run, even after Ctrl / Press F5

edited October 2018
    Hi again,
    I have tried again today to do as per above & it has fixed all but one (pay run a fortnight ago) that is still "pending"
  • Troy Cumner
    Troy Cumner Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018
    I have this same problem - seems to have started when this change was introduced.

Pays from months ago that were always showing 'Success', now show 'Pending'.  If you click the 'Detail' link, it says ATO Status is Success.

Pay from 2 weeks ago was showing 'Pending'.  Clicked on 'Detail' link and got message that ATO could not pull request.   It is now showing Error status for that pay run.

Pays from last week and this week are still Pending.  'Detail' link has 'ATO Status' Pending.
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited November 2018
    I have tried the Ctrl/PressF5 and mine are all still pending, right back to the beginning of the financial year.  So frustrating, thought I was doing it all right!

Any help appreciated!

• Troy Cumner
    edited November 2018
    Just checked my 'My.Gov' account and all pay information seems to have been successfully submitted to the ATO as my YTD figures on the ATO match what they should be.  It just seems that Reckon is not recording the submitted status correctly.
    edited October 2018
    Yes - Mine says "pending" but if I click on it the totals of each employee on the last pay submitted the YTD totals are correct & match payroll reports - so it does seem to be an issue with Reckon Gov Connect since their update
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited October 2018
    Now the ones that I have opened, have changed to érror'? So I have some pending and the ones I have opened are saying error?

Is reckon working on this, or can I do something from my end?
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited October 2018
    The error message has come up now saying it's a nominated software provider problem?
  • Rav
    edited October 2018
    Hi guys,
    Let me just clarify so that I can speak to the right people about this..
    You have pay events that are showing as PENDING in the list screen but when clicking the Detail link, that particular pay event shows an ATO status of SUCCESS.. correct?

Which browser are you using and does the same thing occur if you log in using a different browser?

• Rav
    edited October 2018
    Hi Fiona,
    • Pending means that the status has not been checked and you need to open the detail page to get the updated ATO status. If the status remains pending on the detail page it means the ATO is still processing the pay event.
    Please note, the status on the list screen is not dynamic ie. it will not change in real time. As mentioned in my post above, you need to click into the pay event itself to view the most recent status from the ATO. The list screen will/should then update to reflect one of the 3 status results in my opening post.

Based on your error message, your Software ID has not been registered with the ATO. You'll need to follow the steps listed in this article below to register your Software ID. Once completed you can then submit your NEXT scheduled pay event (only), your YTD figures will update on successful lodgement of the next pay event.

Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's

Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

• Fiona Zinn
    edited October 2018
    I have registered my software ID with the ATO back in July.  This has only been a problem last week and this week everything changed status.  I use Chrome everytime, and this has just been a problem the last two pay runs.  Now it is affecting all 17 of my payruns.
  • Troy Cumner
    edited October 2018
    I had 6 pay runs from the start of the year that had a status of PENDING.  I have just clicked on the DETAIL link for each one and now they have all updated to the correct status of SUCCESS. (The detail link had ATO status of SUCCESS).

There is still a payrun from last week that is PENDING. Detail shows ATO STATUS of PENDING as well.

Pay run from 2 weeks ago was showing pending but is now in ERROR state after clicking Details link.  The ATO error message is 'An unexpected error occurred. Please try again. Contact Reckon support if the problem remains.'

Pay run from today has now SUCCESS.

As stated above, if I log into my my.gov account, my personal YTD income / tax on the ATO site is what it should be as if all has been processed correctly so the ATO has processed the files OK.

I originally used Chrome browser, but just checked on Edge browser and it is the same.

• Rav
    edited October 2018
    Does the Software ID listed in the Company & Advisors section of GovConnect STP show as registered in your ATO Access Manager? Can you please confirm this.

edited October 2018
    Mine is 1 pay run from 2 weeks ago saying BOTH "Pending" on the list & on the ATO Status.
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited October 2018
    Sorry, had to go home, my Reckon at work keeps freezing.  I have gone into my ATO portal, I was registered with Reckon but the software ID was blank.  So have reentered the Software ID number back in.
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited October 2018
    Have gone back in to check it stays there and there is now a different ID number now appearing as well?
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited October 2018
    Now back in Reckon, but still no changes after I try control and F5.  Not sure where to go from here.  Every week that I reopen now changes from pending to error.
  • Rav
    edited October 2018
    Every pay event that you've submitted prior to registering your Software ID will result in an error. They will not go any further than that.

Now that you've registered your Software ID, the next pay event that you submit will be successful provided there are no errors in your submission and it update your YTD figures. 

• Felicity Van
    Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2018
    I am exactly the same as Debbie.  I have one pending payrun from 18 October that is still showing as pending.  
  • Fiona Zinn
    edited November 2018
    I am still having trouble with this.  None of my 18 weeks are saying success, any that I open change from pending to error.  I have checked my software ID is registered properly.  Not sure where to go from here.  Is this a Reckon issue or an ATO issue?
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    None of the previous pay events will show success because they were submitted without your Software ID being registered. They will not change to Success after registering your Software ID either. This is normal and not an issue.

Your NEXT pay event that you submit AFTER registering your Software ID will be successful (provided there are no other errors with your submission)

• Fiona Zinn
    edited November 2018
    Yes I have success for this week, do I need to do anything with all the previous weeks? or Just move forward from here?
    edited November 2018
    I still have one Pending from the 17.10.18. How will this get fixed?? It is not a software ID issue as other payruns are now all submitted.
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Hi Debbie, what's the ABN that this submission is for? 

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    Move forward from here. Your YTD figures will be updated with your most recent successful submission.

• Fiona Zinn
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for all your help!
    edited November 2018
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Debbie,
    Our STP dev has checked our end and this particular submission has not been processed by the ATO. This will occur if there are issues/outage/maintenance with the ATO's SBR2 service. 

Your subsequent submissions AFTER this one will have updated your YTD figures.

edited November 2018
    Ok thank you
  • Kate_9842246
    Kate_9842246 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    I'm having a similar issue with 3 pay run's lodged via the portal on the 19/10/2018 still showing as 'pending'. All pay run's lodged prior to and after this date all show 'success'.

I've called the ATO and they have said that the pay run's are showing as 'success' at their end, with none shown as 'pending'.

Is there another way to get the Reckon Portal updated for these 3 runs?