GovconnectAS.exe has stopped working

• Problem
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
When I try and lodge my BAS, and I get to the prefill stage, I press on the prefill button and it comes up with that it was successful, then another window comes up saying GovconnectAS.exe has stopped working. I have tried it a few times and it still happens. I have tried a different browser and it still happens. I am talking to the helpdesk and the guy is currently trying to lodge it at his end. He just tried and it is coming up with the same message...... Any ideas why. This is the first BAS since the upgrade.
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

• 428 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of clikchic

clikchic

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I ended up lodging manually. I didn't feel comfortable waiting any longer to lodge my BAS. I would however prefer to use GovConnect as it is one of the reasons I upgraded to the current version of the software, so I will follow this thread to see how this progresses.
(Edited)
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,574 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I also don't feel comfortable waiting any longer so phoned the ATO to get paper forms for July BAS and an extension on lodgement.  My confidence is so low I also requested the paper forms for August as I will be on leave when it is due and intended to lodge early as I don't need any more problems or stress before I leave.
Photo of Cat Hendry

Cat Hendry

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I phoned the ATO to request an extension too. They are claiming no knowledge of an issue - hardly surprising (I've never known the ATO to take responsibility for anything!)
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Reckon is there an update to this fault? Still not working for me on hosted.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 41,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark,
The latest update I have from the Hosted team is that the ATO are still looking into this and testing. I know that's not overly meaningful at this stage but its the latest info as of today.

I'll keep you posted on progress.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Yes I would like an update also!
Photo of Cat Hendry

Cat Hendry

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Still no positive outcome for me. Hopefully paper version arrives on Monday, as the ATO were clearly not happy about providing an extension.
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

• 218 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
They can be a bitch to deal with. Depending on who you have the good fortune, or misfortune to speak to. It is the reason I wasn't prepared to wait. I have had some wonderful understanding people on the phone at the ATO, but they are few and far between. 
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I must have been lucky when I called them, as the woman I spoke to was really nice. At the time their computer system was down so she couldn't help with an extension, she suggested I call back later in the day. I rang back and actually got the same woman, she was happy to give the extension.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,482 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Arrived at work this morning to a message on the machine, asking if the issue has been resolved, so tried to lodge BAS again and still the same issue.  This is taking far too long and I would think that the new release would have been thoroughly tested before releasing.  Whether it is the ATO or Reckon's problem it needs to be fixed as right now we are not getting the software that we paid for, nor are we getting the service expected from our software provider.  Phoning me and asking me if the problem is resolved????  How about testing it and telling us all that it is resolved because it is not magically going to happen.  I wonder how many customers this is affecting?
(Edited)
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

I agree Kerrie, it has now been 2 weeks, and counting..   I had to ring the ATO to get another extension.  Then I contacted our accountant and asked him if he could lodge it through their system, which hopefully he can do.
Like you said why wasn't it tested prior to the release, and why are they asking customers if it has been resolved.  Lets hope it is fixed before next months BAS is due.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 40,228 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Kerrie and Sarah,

Just to make it abundantly clear, the new release of Hosted 2017 has been extensively tested prior to release and isn't the cause of this issue you're experiencing. Again, this is NOT an issue that has been introduced by us as the Dev team have advised me no changes have been made to the Reckon GovConnect configuration or process in anyway and is occurring on versions of Reckon GovConnect that was released several years ago.

The calls you are receiving are simply follow up calls from tech team to check in with you. This issue is not affecting all users or lodgements and as such, the team are just checking in if you've had any degree of success since your last conversation.

In saying all that, our teams are working with the ATO on this however at this stage, there does not look to be any quick resolution. In the interim, its recommended that lodging via the Business Portal or manually for this month is used as an option if possible.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

I had a call from Reckon over a week ago asking if the problem was still there, I said it was and they advised it might be some time before it is fixed.  I was then asked if they could close my case as it was a problem caused by the ATO, I stated that if it is not fixed, it is not closed and requested that the case be kept open until it is fixed.  I also said it doesn't matter who's problem it is, both parties need to work together on fixing it ASAP. I haven't heard from them since and wonder if they want to close the case so it doesn't look bad on their stat's or if our case is still open.  Why would they want to close the case, will it ever be fixed????
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

Hi Reckon.
I've now tried again unsuccessfully to submit my BAS and it has come up with the same error.
I'm beginning to wonder why it is that we use Reckon in the first place.
We cant do BAS through Reckon, we can't do TFN declarations. Does Reckon work with anything with the ATO anymore?
I know you have stated that it is an issue with the ATO, but as it's now been over a month with nil resolution or update, it is a bit of a joke. Reckon are still happy to take my monthly payments each month!
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

I have had another call from Reckon today asking me if it has been fixed and wanting to close my case as it is not their problem.  I explained that I do not have an issue with the ATO but I have an issue with the Reckon software that we pay for is not working as it should.  I explained I want my case left open until Reckon and the ATO sort out their differences, I don't think they are happy with that but I don't see that it will ever be resolved if Reckon don't take some responsibility in making sure it is fixed in a timely manor.  I wonder if any other accounting software has issue with the ATO at the moment?
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

It is getting towards the end of the month again, any further progress on this? We'll be needing to lodge BAS again in a few days.  Starting to wonder why I bothered upgrading. :\
Photo of Rod Dalton

Rod Dalton

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I have had the same problem for 2 mths and have been following the above conversation assuming the problem would be solved by now. My program is on a desktop and not hosted so I suspect lot of other uses are having same problem. Those who only lodge BAS quarterly will now find the problem!

Rod Dalton

Photo of Peter Quinby

Peter Quinby

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is getting ridiculous - anybody know if there's a way to make the US QuickBooks work in Australian conditions? Even if we lost some localised function we'd gain a lot of fixes to long standing bugs, an API and data interface less than 10 years old, etc. For example, I'm tired of seeing data fields in QODBC which aren't accessible in the Australian version. If, as it currently appears, I'm never going to get to lodge a BAS automatically again I might as well at least have a more functional piece of software.
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Strange problem. Have had no problem lodging July or August IAS but just went to lodge BAS for Jul-Sept and got the same error message that exe file is not working. What the.....????
Photo of Glen Kinsela

Glen Kinsela

• 60 Points
I have also been able to lodge IAS july and aug but went to Lodge Bas for July - Sept and got this message hence following???
Photo of Ian Burns

Ian Burns

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I also have lodged IAS but get the error for BAS September. Is it a Reckon problem or an ATO problem? Who do I contact and if it is an ATO problem what are Reckon doing to help resolve it? They must share some of the blame, or are all SBR reporting programs having the same problem?
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

Ian,
According to Reckon it is an ATO problem.  Haven't heard anything for a month.  I did my last BAS by going through the working's out in Reckon, printed it and then went onto the ATO portal and entered the details manually.  I have decided to do it that way from now until I hear anything to say it has been fixed....
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Definitely not fixed   Come on Guys work together and resolve it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Jon Beets

Jon Beets

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Got the error below on Prefill:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    govconnectas.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    0.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5947537a
  Problem Signature 04:    PresentationFramework
  Problem Signature 05:    3.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    55409a7c
  Problem Signature 07:    626a
  Problem Signature 08:    e1
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version:    6.2.9200.2.0.0.16.7
  Locale ID:    3081

I presume this is what everyone else gets?

Jon
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

Jon,
All I got was a pop-up that said GovconnectAS.exe has stopped working, then the opting to close the program....
Photo of Rod Dalton

Rod Dalton

I have given up on the Reckon lodgement and followed Sarah's advice and went through ATO portal. I am suspecting the problem may be with the latest version of Reckon but they are not admitting that. Rod Dalton
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

It worked fine for my JUly and August Bas last month  Now collapsing  Rang ATO  not listed as a problem ??

Starting to look elsewhere for software.
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

No further comment from Reckon probably says something Peter. Would not guarantee Tax Office are not aware of it though, big place with many people.
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

You'd think they would have some kind information sharing though. Ridiculous. The business portal frequently had problems however so nothing surprises me with the tax office. 
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

Sigh, maybe we need to point them to this thread. 
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

I really don't care who's problem it is, Reckon should be bending over backwards in getting a fix with the ATO.  Is this happening with other accounting software?  If not I would say it is not just the ATO's issue, lets not forget this was working fine (sometimes glitchy) until the 2017-2018 update!
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

I agree. Given they haven't commented on this thread for some time, it seems to indicate they aren't really concerned about the issue. 
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

Rav hasn't commented on this for some time. Any updates from your end Rav?
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Robyn Kelly, Accredited Partner

• 2,880 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

I now have a client with this issue too.  Is there any further update on how long it will be before this issue is fixed please?

Thank you, Robyn Kelly

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 42,624 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,

The latest update I have currently is that our teams & Product Manager will again be in contact with the ATO tomorrow to determine what is causing this crash and its ongoing nature. 

I'd just like to thank you all for your patience I know that its been frustrating for everyone so far and the team are definitely aware that the current experience is less than ideal and not to the standard we expect.

I will be in touch again as soon as I have further information following the outcome tomorrow. I appreciate that its not a solution and I cant make any guarantees or speculate on ETA's just yet unfortunately. Sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this is causing.
Photo of Lyn

Lyn

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem today trying to lodge my BAS.  Tried IE and GC browsers, both gave the same problem.  I have lodged manually but it will be good when this is fixed.  Seems like a long time since I have been able to use GovConnect in Reckon
Photo of Derrick Bentley

Derrick Bentley

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's still not working today, this is getting ridiculous when will it be fixed.
(Edited)
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

It is rediculous.  I phoned the ATO yesterday to revert back to lodging manually as we're not registered for the ATO portal, they didn't seem happy about it and kept putting me on hold.  If this isn't working and no resolution in sight, is the Reckon software going to be able to communicate with the ATO with the new payroll laws next July?  After 4 months with no resolution on an esculated case I am loosing confidence that Reckon software will ever be compatible with the ATO.  
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

Kerrie, shouldn't you already be registered with the business portal if you were able to use Govconnect previously? It is possible I am confusing it with the way I used to lodge before I upgraded to the current version of Quicken. 

Either way, I think it would be easier to register for and use the business portal than to lodge completely manually. When I have said I am lodging manually I was referring to lodging via the Business Portal. I haven't lodged a paper statement since the GST came in. We have always done it via Quicken, but I am new to Govconnect. When lodging using Quicken via the Business portal ceased to work was when I upgraded to the current version. I had it working for a whole month before Govconnect stopped working also. GRRR
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 62 Points
Not working for me either, Reckon hosted gives the error:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: govconnectas.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 5947537a
  Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework
  Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 55409a7c
  Problem Signature 07: 626a
  Problem Signature 08: e1
  Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.16.7
  Locale ID: 3081
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you clikchic but we have never used Govconnect for our BAS, I work for a company and we have lodged manually (paper) previously then through Reckon portal.  The Reckon portal is now not working and we do not have SBR software enabled to lodge directly with the ATO.  Our accountant uses the SBR software, however we will incur extra charges if they lodge on our behalf, we have already paid (12 months) for Reckon Hosted, we would simply like the software service that Reckon is charging us for.
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

Oh absolutely Kerrie, we should be able to lodge with our Reckon software as that is what we paid/pay for. I just thought I would let you know that registering for the business portal is probably easier than registering for paper forms in the interim till the software works again. 
Photo of Derrick Bentley

Derrick Bentley

Has there been any further update on this extremely frustrating issue? Why do I bother paying for support when there isn't any? How do I get a refund for a program that doesn't do as promised?
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Hi Rav, can you please give us an update, it has been 4 weeks since we have had anything.  This doesn't give us much confidence that Reckon will be able to have the program ready for the new payroll laws next year.  Continual ingorance of paying customer usually leads to them walking away.
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Agree  Have been to lodge an activity statement  payg only but not a full bas with gst etc
have 5 companies to lodge   its a pain 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,
I am expecting a further update from our Product Manager on this tomorrow afternoon. I'll update you all as soon as I have more info following this.

Appreciate you all hanging in there, I know its been a while now with this issue and I apologise for the frustration its causing.
Photo of Derrick Bentley

Derrick Bentley

How many tomorrows are there? All we get from Rav are promises that he will get an update from the Product Manager tomorrow afternoon and we never here what these updates are. Even a negative update is better than not being informed of anything. Makes me wonder what I pay for and whether it's worth renewing again.
Photo of paulpage56 .

paulpage56 .

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It worked when I submitted  last BAS in July. Now I'm getting the closed program message too. I have emailed for support from Reckon with no response. From this thread the problem has been outstanding for the past three months with no action by Reckon whom we pay a lot of money for support.
Paul Page
Photo of Peter Quinby

Peter Quinby

Not directly connected to this issue (for which I have just received a $210 penalty for late lodgement of August BAS), but indicative of Reckon's attitude to its customers. A few weeks ago I fired up our Excel stock ordering application and it failed. Without warning Reckon had terminated the bundled QODBC licence. That cost me about $275 as I had to urgently get a paid licence. Meanwhile the API stays many years back level compared to QuickBooks USA, so data fields like MPN are *still* not available to external applications like QODBC, Xact, etc.
If Xero had decent inventory capability and wasn't "in the cloud" (we're in a country area and the cloud is frequently out of reach).....
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Good morning everyone,

Our Product team has been in discussion with the ATO yesterday afternoon in relation to this issue. They are further investigating on their end and we have suggested monitoring the data flow of a lodgement on the ATO side from an impacted user(s) in order to determine the point of failure.
We are expecting further word from them and I'll advise you all of it as soon as this occurs.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

Very impressive! 3 months down the track and a meeting yesterday comes up with the idea of monitoring at the Tax Departments end to see where the failure is. Why has this not been done months ago???

Here is an idea, set up a mirror at Reckon so that you can look into it, same outcome!

Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Hopefully with the sale of part of their business they can put resources into Reckon  and make it better . 
Photo of Rod Dalton

Rod Dalton

I have to assume all of us who have resorted to mygov to lodge our returns will now need to try and lodge again through Reckon so that the problem is seen! Otherwise ATO probably won't see many failures!!
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

If they had of done this 3 months ago they would have seen lots of errors.  I've already sent my November BAS, but will try and lodge it now.
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Still not working. Has any one had a reply or been contacted by Techs from either side? Is any one actually working on the problem or is it just both parties blaming the other for the problem and we just get stuck with the bill
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

Rav,
Can you please provide us with another update. This is becoming beyond a joke. I still cant submit my BAS utilising Reckon.
To add salt to the wound, I am advised by email that our Reckon price will increase as of the 1st of January. I think this is quite unreasonable considering Reckon have made no attempt to fix this customer issue. In fact I cant even get a response to an email from Reckon on this matter
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Prices should be frozen on all accounts this is affecting until it is fixed.  Seriously it is time to look at other programs :-(
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

I would advise everyone to send reckon support an email on top of this forum to advise them that you are not impressed by their service. I've had an email back from them which doens't address the issues, but more than one person may assist.
The response from reckon stated that the price increase is due to:

"Pricing and price increases are dependent on a number of factors. These include market pricing, development required to support new legislation, and new features. Therefore these price amendments are introduced."

I'm in agreement with you Kerrie. I'm going to chase a replacement product. Does anyone have any advise as to a product with good inventory capability to match Reckon. This is the only reason I haven't shifted to Xero already.
Photo of Oliver Hoffmann

Oliver Hoffmann

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Xero doesn't enable job costing etc especially with payroll otherwise I would have done the same
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Has anyone looked into the apps that work with Xero i.e. invoicing + jobs, inventory etc.  I think some of these apps work with Reckon also, might have to download some trials to see how they work.  I looked some time ago and there wasn't much choice but now there are heaps.  I am happy for Reckon to increase their pricing providing their product development works, which obviously it doesn't, I don't believe their price increase is justified at this time.  From a customers point of view the money is more important then providing a reliable product!  I have been using Xero for payroll for the last couple of years and love it, the reports and leave are always correct and so many time savers that it now takes half the time that Reckon used to take, not to mention the one step automatic super payments each month.  If the add in apps don't suit I will definately be looking at MYOB, some homework for the Christmas break looking at various forums.
Photo of Peter Quinby

Peter Quinby

Called the ATO today, managed to get my penalty of $210 cancelled. But I asked them to see if there were any known issues with SBR - nothing they could find. So would that make it a Reckon problem?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hello all,

For those on this thread who are currently experiencing this issue, the next time you attempt a lodgement which fails can you please send the following details to me at community@reckon.com

• ABN
  • EXACT time and date of this failed lodgement
  • XML file
Your XML file will be in the following directory -
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Reckon Limited\Reckon GovConnect\Instances

It will be named *username.prefill.request.xml*

If there's a Prefill Response XML in the directory, please include a copy of that also, it will be named *username.prefill.response.xml*
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Files sent.
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey Rav
Lots of us have done this. Any joy?
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

I have sent files as requested but how would anybody know what exact time of attempted lodgement was?
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is Govt Connect working Yet ??????????????????????.
Photo of Rod Dalton

Rod Dalton

I sent my files Saturday. Lets see some action soon. Maybe Santa will solve the problem!!!
Reckon & ATO don't seem able /willing to do that.
Rod Dalton
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has sent their files & details through, our Product Manager has sent them through to the ATO and they have already started investigating them.

Another aspect is, while there haven't been any changes to the Reckon GovConnect module, we will have a developer investigating code. To be transparent in terms of expectations, this will occur immediately after the Christmas/New Year closure period.

I will update the thread again as soon as I have any further information. Thank you all for your patience and again I sincerely apologise for the frustration.
Photo of Greg McCann

Greg McCann

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
the ball really has been dropped on this one by the look,
I lodged fine last quarter but for the Oct-Dec17 bas this problem with gov Connect crashing has arisen
I tried Lodging 8/1/18 and today 10/1/18
I have checked my "Instances" folder and it is empty
I also received a warning when selecting "Lodge" that my Bas data may have changed and to select "REFRESH" in GOv Connect - but I don't get far enough in  to do this before the system crash's
also on Gov Connect I am advised the "Software ID Validation service is unavailable.
(I have checked my software ID is correct and registered with Gov Connect)

ABN 85 072 364 348
Cell to Cell Communications Pty Ltd

Error received:
Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    govconnectas.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    0.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5947537a
  Problem Signature 04:    PresentationFramework
  Problem Signature 05:    3.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    55409a7c
  Problem Signature 07:    626a
  Problem Signature 08:    e1
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version:    6.2.9200.2.0.0.16.7
  Locale ID:    3081

OS is Windows 7 PRO
Browser Firefox V57.0.4 (64bit) (Most current version)