GovconnectAS.exe has stopped working

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
When I try and lodge my BAS, and I get to the prefill stage, I press on the prefill button and it comes up with that it was successful, then another window comes up saying GovconnectAS.exe has stopped working. I have tried it a few times and it still happens. I have tried a different browser and it still happens. I am talking to the helpdesk and the guy is currently trying to lodge it at his end. He just tried and it is coming up with the same message...... Any ideas why. This is the first BAS since the upgrade.

~ CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE
(Moderator edit: 29/6/2018, 10:50am)
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

• 448 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of clikchic

clikchic

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I was a little late this month but again tried to lodge, no joy. I did send the files requested for Reckon troubleshooting but never received so much as a response that wasn't an auto reply. So I lodged manually through the business portal again today. :(
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,776 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
So how is this going Rav?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,
Apologies for being late in getting back to you all around this, we've had a few things going on in other areas of Hosted which has taken some attention which I'm sure you've probably noticed. Now that's settled a bit, I wanted to get back to you with an update.

To be transparent and I'm sure this isn't a surprise this far into the thread but, we haven't really got anywhere with the ATO after repeated discussions.

As I mentioned in my last update, we're going to dedicate some time into investigating code. For some context, this is affecting all versions of Reckon GovConnect right back to the original 2012 release so it isn't a code change or alteration we've recently introduced and importantly, this issue is not affecting all lodgements or all Hosted users which makes it much harder to replicate or pinpoint.

For those that have sent through your files as previously asked for, thank you. This will assist the dev in their code analysis. 

I know you've all been extremely patient with us especially as its a very frustrating problem to have to deal with for quite a while now, and I sincerely apologise for the hassle & inconvenience you're having to contend with. I also recognise and appreciate this update may not be the immediate or final resolution that everyone is looking for, however it will certainly put us a step closer in getting to that.

I'll post a further update as soon as I have more info on progress.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Any update as to where this issue is at?
Another month passes, another manual entry of BAS...

Mark
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to touch base with you all again and let you know what's happening with this.

The cause of the issue has been identified. Previously a particular field being returned from the ATO is now no longer doing so, this field is no longer appearing in all Prefill responses from the ATO and is causing the crash. We are engaging the ATO to determine why this field is no longer being returned and from there will formulate the best way to perform remedial action.

I appreciate that might be of little comfort this far along and isn't a fix or a solution to this issue just yet however its certainly on the right track and we're committed to doing everything we can our end to bring this matter to a full resolution.

Thanks
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Jo Seaton

Jo Seaton

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Gov connect Failing.

I am using Reckon Account Plus 2017 and I am getting a problem when I use Gov connect, it gets to the pre-fill page then an error occurs

How do we lodge our required BAS if this is what happens every time. I have tried over a dozen times and same thing happens every time. I have restarted computer and program to no avail. Not happy paying for a program that all it seems to do is cause me more hassle then it is worth. I spend more time trying to fix problems with this program then I do doing the accounts.

I asked this question over 4 months ago but it seems that it has been archived and no answer. Well this is still happening and this problem needs to be fixed. How can we lodge if this is still not fixed. I want answers to this problem and a solution.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Jo,
I've moved your post to this existing discussion thread relating to this issue. Please see my posts previously and above from a few minutes ago for the latest update.
Photo of Darren

Darren

• 62 Points
This is an absolute disgrace !  This long to fix ... really. Reckon has to be the worst company to deal with ever. Too expensive , terrible service & support , super slow.( I use Hosted )  I think this is my time to say goodbye. Last straw for me. Xero here I come. Bye bye 
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I notified reckon and ato that fbt was not loading years ago. Is this still part of the problem?
(Edited)
Photo of Shisir

Shisir, Employee

• 3,048 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Hi Ian

Thank you for your post.

The issue discussed in this thread is regarding the Govconnect crashing during BAS lodgement and it is not the part of the issue you have mentioned.

As per your issue, FBT should be reported on BAS as long as it is on your BAS form and is requested by ATO. If you do not see FBT on your BAS form, please see this KB http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3860 on how to include it on your BAS form. Once it is there, it should flow through to Govconnect if it is required by ATO.

You mentioned that it is not loading, does it give any error message or if it crashes?

Regards

Shisir
Photo of Greg Smith

Greg Smith

• 60 Points
Yes I have the same issue. It will not lodge Oct-Dec BAS, however the Jan 18 IAS didn't have an issue
Photo of Mike Paneth

Mike Paneth

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Rav
I also have the same problem, and I am using Standalone Accounts Premier 2017.
Will your proposed fix also with with the associated standalone GovConnect?

Mike
Photo of Peter Baxter

Peter Baxter

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Me too, again
Must be a fairly low priority, customer service!!!!!!!!
Got my invoice for the yearly subscription on time though.
Seriiously this is ridiculous.
Photo of Chris Trevean

Chris Trevean

• 60 Points
it doesn't work for me either. been frustruted for last few bas statements. no customer service. i wont be reneweing my licence with them after 10 years. i'm going elsewhere , where there is proper service
Photo of paulpage56 .

paulpage56 .

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Didn't work again today - had to complete it manually again.  Sounds like even though they now the cause they still haven't done anything to fix it.
Photo of Jo Seaton

Jo Seaton

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Waiting on reckon to fix the problem we will have to lodge another dozen or so BAS before they do anything. Easier to lodge it manually then wait for them. It is a joke pay money for a program where I have to do more work then the program does. next time will pay myself the money and go elsewhere
Photo of Howard Matthews

Howard Matthews

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
BAS NO !!      IAS YES  !!

TWO QTRS NOW AND STILL WILL NOT WORK THIS IS A SHAMBLES RECKON !!

"2018" HOW ABOUT SOME INVESTMENT...

I HAVE BEEN USING YOUR PROGRAMS FOR BUSINESS SINCE 2001 AND FEEL QUITE DISAPPOINTED AND UNSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE THAT YOU PROVIDE WHEN THERE IS A TECHNICAL ISSUE.

THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES OUT THERE IN CASE YOU THOUGHT OTHERWISE AND I KNOW WE ALL GET USED TO YOUR PROGRAM AND DO NOT WANT TO LEARN ANOTHER BUT CUSTOMER LOYALTY ONLY TRAVELS SO FAR !!!

Photo of Ian

Ian

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
6 weeks to the next BAS. Have we found out any more Rav? It still wont work but have we got any further than an empty field?
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Very few days to the next BAS 
Have we made any progress Rav?
"I'll be in touch again in the next week to further update you all and also request for your help with the new build." That was over 2 weeks ago

Ian
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Ian,
Unfortunately internal testing of the new build could not take place last week however we're aiming to complete it this week and I'll let the thread here know as soon as that's happened (and the results). 

Photo of Neil

Neil, Product Manger

• 1,276 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi All,

I wanted to provide you with an overview of this GovConnect issue and what has been happening behind the scenes to address & resolve it.

Prior to Simpler BAS being introduced, we were informed that the Simpler BAS wouldnt affect SBR lodgements and no changes from developers were required, the lodgement forms would remain the same (with zeroes being reported in the non Simpler BAS fields).

After Simpler BAS went into Production in July, an issue was reported by various developers where they were getting an error "EM005 G1 is mandatory".

The ATO investigated this and found it to be related to the 'GST Selected Option Code' field. 
The GST Selected Option Code was then changed from Mandatory to Optional, and was no longer included in the Prefill Response from the ATO.

The way GovConnect was designed, it relied on this previously Mandatory field to determine which GST Reporting option to display on screen.
Now that the field wasn't being returned in the Prefill Response from the ATO, it was causing GovConnect to Crash.

The Test Auskey that developers are issued for testing lodgements doesnt experience the crash, which meant our Development team were unable to reproduce and therefore Debug & Investigate.

We recently received a copy of an Auskey that experiences the issue and in the past month the above cause was determined and has been worked on.

We now have a new version of GovConnect, we'd like to get some users that experience the issue to process a lodgement via the new version of GovConnect and provide feedback, if you're a DESKTOP Reckon Accounts Business user and have been experiencing the crash and would like to trial the new version can you send your name and ID to community@reckon.com, with 'GovConnect Beta' as the subject and we'll provide access to the new version of GovConnect.

Regards
Neil
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,
Thank you to those who have got in touch so far to trial the new build. I've just sent through emails to everyone who has volunteered.

Neil has already mentioned it in his post above but just a quick note, this trial build can only be used with our Reckon Accounts Business desktop range. Once we've received enough feedback from those trialing and are happy with the build we will release to all users including pushing to Reckon Accounts Hosted.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,
From the feedback we've received from those testing the trial build, we've unfortunately encountered a seperate issue which is preventing lodgements at this time.

The product team have been made aware of this error and due to this, we're going to be making changes to address this issue and the team are investigating this currently.

Thank you again to all those who have helped in testing. Further information and updates to follow.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi again everyone,

As mentioned above he team have been working on improving Reckon GovConnect based on your feedback. For those currently experiencing this issue on Reckon Accounts (DESKTOP editions only), does anyone need to lodge a full BAS? ie. NOT Simpler BAS.

If so, we'd love to hear from you to trial the new build of GovConnect. Please get in touch with us at community@reckon.com. Be sure to include your full name, Customer ID and add 'GovConnect Beta - Full BAS' in the subject line.
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Any further news  ???
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

• 630 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Tried to lodge my BAS today after installing 2018 Accounts Plus update with seperate Gov connect exe. Still get the error message Gov connect exe has stopped working and must close. Clearly still a work in progress.
Photo of Grant Anderson

Grant Anderson

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue which I hoped after installing 2018 Accounts Plus update would be fixed but alas it is not. This is really disappointing as it`s been going on for months now. We pay good money for this to work and are being let down in a big way. Please get on top of this!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,
Just as an update to let you know where things are at.

The devs are putting the finishing touches on a new build based on feedback from the previous test. It's not far off, and the next step is to run a further trial with users on this thread who wish to do so. Following this, if there are no issues that come across based on your feedback we'll be proceeding with release.

I'll be in touch again in the next week to further update you all and also request for your help with the new build.

I know you've been hanging in there for a while now on this, and we sincerely do appreciate it. The team are confident they've got everything lined up to finally resolve this matter in full and we'll be in touch on this very soon.
Photo of Grant Anderson

Grant Anderson

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sounds good
Photo of Mike Paneth

Mike Paneth

Rav

Thanks for the update.

Can we please get it asap as need to do the end of quarter BAS, and doing it manually is a real pain.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi again everyone,
Our team have finished creating a new build of GovConnect based on feedback from the previous trial and while internal testing has been positive, we'd like to open this for testing to users on this thread who are experiencing this problem.

If you're a Reckon Accounts (DESKTOP editions only) and would like to trial the new version, please send through your name and ID to community@reckon.com, with 'GovConnect Beta Trial 2.0' as the subject and we'll provide access to the new version of GovConnect.

Note - To those who volunteered previously and provided feedback, I have just sent you all an email with access to the updated build.
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Any further updates on this for HOSTED ??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Peter,
Depending on the results from the 2.0 trial we'll be proceeding with release which will include Hosted.
We've had a couple of trialists come back and provide feedback and while by and large its looking pretty good, we still need to establish the overall picture from more users.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Following the feedback provided from trial build users we're confident that the new build has resolved the majority of issues and we're now making this available to all Reckon Accounts (desktop) users.

Please see the below KB article for access to the new build - 
GovConnectAS.exe has stopped working

IMPORTANT INFO
Please ensure that you uninstall the current (old) version of GovConnect BEFORE installing the new build.

You can do so through the Windows Control Panel by going to Programs & Features > Uninstall a Program (names may differ based on your version of Windows). There's some general info on how to uninstall here however you can search on Google for your respective version of Windows if required.

For those who volunteered to trial our various builds, we're extremely grateful to all of you, your feedback was invaluable.

If you experience issues or errors AFTER installing the new build, please let us know (with screenshots) BELOW this post only.

RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED
For Reckon Accounts Hosted, this new build will be incorporated into the service itself which is currently in the works and release coming very soon. I will share further news on when that happens as soon as I receive it from the Hosted devs.
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I hope it is not related but has anybody else experienced a problem emailing invoices since updating Govt.exe? Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 was emailing mine fine until installing this update. Running Windows 10 Home Edition. I ma back to getting error code 30 Printer not activated which I thought was resolved in latest release if not prior release i.e. 2017
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

I just wanted to mention that this fix has worked for me. I was able to lodge last months BAS without any problems. 
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

you using hosted or desktop ?
Photo of clikchic

clikchic

I am using desktop.
Photo of Sarah Nation

Sarah Nation

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Excellent!
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

Hi Rav,Are we going to get this problem fixed with a release at the end of this month?I'm well and truly sick of manually entering my BAS
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

So am I
Got 5 companies to lodge 
Photo of Mike Paneth

Mike Paneth

Works for me.

I have lodged using the new release of Gov Connect for several companies
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Mike you using Hosted or desktop
Photo of Mike Paneth

Mike Paneth

Desktop
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

I'm on hosted. Cant go to desktop as I'm running Mac computers
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Mark & Peter,
Implementing the new GovConnect build is one of the tasks the Hosted team are working on for the upcoming 2018 release and it should be available in the next couple of weeks.
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

I see 2018 has been released  Is the Govt Connect BAs lodgement fixed in this issue
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,
Apologies, there was so much going on yesterday that I didn't get a chance to get back to this thread but I'm happy to advise this is now fixed with the new Hosted 2018 release that just came out yesterday afternoon.

The team have conducted implementation of the successful build into Hosted 2018 and testing has shown no further errors in the process.

We'd love to hear how you go though when you perform your next lodgement using Hosted 2018 so if you could come back and let us know how it went that'd be great. 

Finally, I just wanted to thank you all for your patience and understanding. I know this has been frustrating to contend with and we unreservedly apologise as its certainly not the experience we strive for. 

Thanks everyone.
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Not fixed   When trying to lodge BAS its asks for user id and Pin then says must use latest version of reckon which i am doing  Using 2018 new  
Come on guys get your act together 
(Edited)
Photo of Mark Box

Mark Box

Hi Rav,
Finally we have a solution. Mine works, admittedly with the glitch asking for user ID and pin (do these products not get tested prior to release)
Anyway, I'm happy we've got a solution, just not happy it took 11 months to get there.Reckon can offer all the sorry comments in the world, the fact it took 11 months, and the fact not a single discount on our subscription was offered leaves a very sour taste in my mouth!
Photo of Andrew Clark

Andrew Clark

• 60 Points
Attempted to submit my BAS today. Still getting GovConnectAS.exe has stopped working.

Sent Requests says Completed successfully:

But no dice, it immediately crashes, still:

This is a complete joke. What's it been now? 12 months?

@Rav could you please get in contact with me regarding compensation for this issue?
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

mines not working
N omination with the software provider does not contain the correct Software ID in Access Manager.To resolve, please log on to Access Manager (AUSkey required), select 'my nominated software provider' and update the nomination, or call the ATO. You will need provide the following details: Software provider name and/or their ABN and Software ID   This hasnt changed   what a mess up
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 61,090 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Peter,
Is this related to BAS or Single Touch Payroll?
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Hi Rav  No relates to bAs   Im also having trouble with STP  Don't know how to have two companies under STP connect   One Coy having problems need to delete i think and start again 
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

I used the userid and pin from your problem solver page 
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

I have two companies under hosted that I need to do stop and one under reckon one
Can't seem to get this right
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

Stp I meant
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 61,090 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Peter,
Create a new thread seperate from this one for your STP issues and I'll address them there.
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

BAs lodged   The ATO somehow had a different software id no on their system 
I previously lodged okay when it was working 11 months ago.
Photo of scitty

scitty

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi rav, getting an error message when i press the prefill button, "reckon Govconnect cannot load the Reckon accounts BAS (qBEAS.xml) file. to resolve ensure SBR lodgement preference is selected.... Detail (import file 'SoftwareNameStr' tag value (Quckbooks) is not 'Reckon Accounts')
Please advise

Rav note that I definetly have selected the SBR lodgement option.
Also this is my first go at online lodgement (Auskey etc all set up). 
Thanks
Scott 

UPDATE SEE BELOW

(Edited)
Photo of scitty

scitty

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I updated my Reckon software to 2018 and it now works!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.