ATO GovConnect Lodgement not working with IE.

Options
Grant Anderson
Grant Anderson Member Posts: 5
Hi , I am using reckon accounts plus 2014 and am trying to lodge my bas through gov connect. I have never normally had a problem but this time I am getting an error when I request the the list to be able to pre fill the BAS. The error is as follows "Error in obtaining security token" and "Error occured when connecting to https://authentication.business.gov.au/r3.0/vanguard/S007v1.1/Service.svc" . Does any one have any ideas.

Comments

• Mustafa
    Mustafa Alumni Posts: 52
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi Grant,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for your question.

You may experience this issue When you log onto the government’s SBR Core Services Server through GovConnect, the first step is to verify your AUSkey credentials with the independent security server run by Vanguard.

The error indicates that GovConnect could not connect to the Vanguard server because the server was not available at that time.

Workaround:  Wait a few minutes and try again.

We hope the above helps you resolving your issue. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers

Mustafa

• Grant Anderson
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Mustafa, Thanks for our response. I have tried that over the last few days and I am still unable to get any further. I was also wondering if it could have anything to do with internet explorer as i have tried to login to the business portal with this browser and it will not open the login page.I have also tried google chrome and that seems to work fine with the business portal. I did notice that the version of gov connect is 1.0 and was wondering wether this should be a later version. Cheers Grant.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Grant, I've looked into this occurrence and have found the following;
    ?ATO is currently having issues with IE - (multiple reports).
    ?
    How to resolve? Although other browsers are working, RAB is hard-coded to IE as default browser it will always launch IE. This means to lodge you would need to save the file and lodge manually. Apologies for any inconvenience, I will raise this with our product management team to consult with the ATO.

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • Grant Anderson
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Write a comment   
  • Donald
    Donald Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have noticed for a couple of years now that there is a cross-scripting error when I try to lodge my return from Quickbooks. The ATO says that it isn't their problem because we don't actually get into the ATO website, and I can log on to the ATO directly. The way around the problem is to disable cross-scripting (XSS) in Internet Explorer. Not an acceptable solution but without help from anyone, that's all I could do.

To be honest, I spent do long last night trying to work out a solution that I just gave up and manually logged on to the ATO website and transferred the figures (there are only about 10 of them) into the quarterly activity page(s). The transfer from Reckon should work but it's my time here and I just can't be bothered waiting on the phone for ages only to be told that someone with more experience will call me back. What's the point?

Also, does this website work with Safari? I followed the emailed link to here and successfully logged in about 5 times using a Get Satisfaction login only to find that I wasn't logged in. Now I've switched to Firefox and it worked first time.  I think websites should announce if they aren't compatible with the major browsers as this would save a lot of unnecessarily wasted time.

Lots of issues here and they probably aren't all in the right category.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Donald, thank you for your comments re GovConnect. Which version of Accounts are you using?

With regards to the get satisfaction (which the Community is build on), Safari should work fine, I am able to log in on my macbook and iphone using safari, I would suggest clearing your cache, and checking if pop-ups are allowed for the page.