Gross Earnings on STP (EOFY) draft not showing JobKeeper Top up Allowances

Francisco Mota
Francisco Mota Member Posts: 6
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
I pulled the STP EOFY draft and reconciled with the annual payroll summary from Reckon One. I realised the Gross (YTD) amounts did not match to the gross earnings listed on the summary report for employees receiving JobKeeper top-up allowances. The PAYG (YTD) however showed the full amount for earnings including the top-up. Is there an issue with the STP EOFY report or am I missing something?

Comments

• LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2020
    The Jobkeeper allowance is not to be shown separately on the PAYG summary as it is part of the Gross amount.
    All allowance that are taxable are now shown this way.
  • Francisco Mota
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Lynda... that is the point. Gross (YTD) on the STP EOFY draft seemed to exclude the Jobkeeper top-up
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    It shows on my payment summaries from Reckon One, and the Gross + allowances = total gross earnings. This is how it has always been I seem to remember
  • Francisco Mota
    edited July 2020
    Yes, the payment summary shows the total gross earning amounts correctly. But if you pull the STP EOFY draft and look at the Gross (YTD) the totals excluded the JobKeeper topup
  • Francisco Mota
    edited July 2020
    payment summary v STP(EOFY)

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    I read it as Earnings + allowance = Gross 
    earnings on Payment summary as Income and allowances on their own. I have always had to add the 2 together to agree with my total gross. See attached copy of ATO guidelinesimage
  • Francisco Mota
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Kris, so the Gross (YTD) amounts on the STP(EOFY) only included Earnings & Leave hence did not relate to Gross Earnings?
  • Kris_Williams
    edited July 2020
    I believe so, that’s how it’s always been
  • Francisco Mota
    edited July 2020
    Thank you Kris, very much appreciated