Gross payment and tax withheld different on PAYG summary to all reports

Tara_9183656
Tara_9183656 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Tara_9183656
    edited July 2020
    Sorry first time posting and I got it wrong!

I have two employees whose gross payments and tax paid are completely different on the payment summaries than they are on all of the reports.  There are no allowances, super etc involved. I have verified the file.  Don't know what else to try! Help!

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi Tara.  The two "prong" aspect of this problem for you could be related. The possibility is that the setup for the Super Funds (SGC) fpr these two employees, has an error in.  Edit the payroll item for their Super Fund.  When you get to tax tracking, I suspect that you might find that it has been set to Gross Payments instead of to None.  ?When this happens, tax is paid on the SGC and it could then flow over to the tax side of things as well e.g. whilst having tax deducted (in error) on the payment of that SGC, it could be that the tax is then not reported correctly on the various payroll reports for these two employees.
    John L G
  • Tara_9183656
    edited July 2017
    Thanks John. Super payroll item is setup as ?None.

?I have taken over this file mid year so I am not sure what has been done in the past. After pouring over the figures for the last 2 hours I have noticed that if I do a payment summary from Reckon for previous financial year it doesn't balance to the figures reported.  However (for one employee only) the difference between what was reported in 2015/2016 is the same as the difference for this year!

?Is it possible to edit the payment summaries?

• John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Tara.  You cannot edit the payroll summaries as such.  The only way you can change the info on them is to change a pay, or to change the date of a pay so that it moves from one year to another.
    Another possibility is that a deduction could have been set up incorrectly as ?Gross Payments? instead of ?None.?  If you go into your Payroll items list and sort by category, you might be able to spot something out of the ordinary.
    Are the tax and Gross Payments on the Payment Summary more or less than what it is showing on other reports?
    John L G
  • Tara_9183656
    edited July 2017
    Thanks John.  They are very straightforward employees. Literally wages, super and PAYG. No deductions, allowances, etc.

The Payment Summaries show higher figures than the reports for both employees. Two other employees for this entity are fine.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2017
    Tara.  Give me a ring on 0428 695454.
    John L G