Gross Wage / Payment Summary Adjustment

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

My husband & I are paid a wage by our business and I record this in the payroll section of Quickbooks 2017. Our accountant wants me to change our gross wages for the 2016/2017 financial year so our payment summaries reflect a certain figure. How can I do this without changing paycheques. Is there a simple way to make the changes? Thanks

Photo of Amanda Kavanagh

Amanda Kavanagh

  • 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of John Peppas

John Peppas, Accredited Partner

  • 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Call me on 0418 771 971 and I will be happy to assist
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

  • 29,124 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amanda.  What your accountant is asking you to do is to falsify your records and particularly your dealings with the ATO.  Depending on just which way John Peppas decides to provide you with a method, the likely ramifications are that:
1.  Your payroll records will no longer reconcile against your Payment Summaries
2.  Your reported gross payments as advised on your BAS will probably not reconcile with your Annual Payments Summary totals lodged with the ATO, which in itself could elicit an enquiry from the ATO.
John L G
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

  • 59,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Call me Kevin 0407744914 and I can fix this