GST Issue on a Journal Entry

Options
Wendy Gibb
Wendy Gibb Member Posts: 14
edited July 2019 in Reckon One

Every month we do a journal entry to Gross Up sales and to include expenses for fuel and drawings.  Every month this has worked fine.  This month we are getting the following error message when trying to save the Journal image

As you can see the GST amount on the fuel is $496.64 and the error message at the top says this is what it was expecting - so what is the problem here?  Can anyone help?

Thank you

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Wendy

Do you use a GST tax code on the MV Line each time, if you want to use the GST tax code you will have to change that line to Sale, other wise if you change the MV Fuel line Tax Code to NCG, it should work.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Accredited Partner

• Wendy Gibb
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Kim

I have tried changing the line to Sale and it made no difference.  I am not sure what NCG means? We have done this same journal entry for the last 8 months and had no problems so I am not sure why we are having a problem now.

Wendy
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Wendy

NCG is the Purchase tax code, if you look at the MV Fuel line at the far right it is set to Purchase.  If you want this to show as GST, then you need to change 'THE MV Fuel Line' to a 'Sale'.

edited October 2017
    Options

Also try cancelling it and starting again, but this time using the correct line transaction types that match the tax code you are trying to use.

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I believe Wendy's book is an NZ book not AUS book as the GST tax code is calculating 15% not 10%.

NCG won't be available in Wendy's book as it's an AUS tax code. NZ books use GST for both sales & purchases.
  • Wendy Gibb
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Qwerty

Yes you a right it is a New Zealand book.  Any thoughts on the problem we are having?

Wendy
    edited October 2017
    Options

Sorry Wendy

Not familiar with NZ, so other than restarting I have no suggestions.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Aust. AP  :-)

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've experienced this issue before in journals & have reported it to the Reckon One team.

The work around for now is to break down the line with the issue into multiple lines as there is a rounding issue occurring for that line with the amounts currently specified.

So for your journal scenario try break the $3,807.54 expense line into two lines as follows

• Wendy Gibb
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Qwerty

That has worked, thank you :)

Wendy
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

Just an update to this thread, today's Reckon One update (17/12/15) includes a fix relating to the gross journal issue you have mentioned above.

Regards,
    Scott.