Gst on Expenses

Stephen Holloway
Stephen Holloway Member Posts: 5
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I'm have a Trial version of First Business Edition and note that blogs placed in this forum show a second column for  Taxation (GST Column). This doesn't seem to exist on my version even though the promotion suggests can anyone explain why the column is not there?

Comments

• Stephen Holloway
    edited October 2014

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your help, unfortunately I can't find the "do you track Tax button"

• Stephen Holloway
    edited November 2014

Hi Kevin

The product I am considering is Reckon Accounts Easy Start 2014

Also I just spoke to the help desk they advise that this version does not support the feature even though Reckon's promotion says:

• GST that you collect or pay is automatically calculated as you enter transactions
    • Simply run reports for all the figures needed to prepare your IAS or BAS

It sounds as if you have a similar product and it your comments suggest that it works you. If this post doesn't yield any success then I will be considering another package but probably leaving Reckon after about fifteen years of using various Reckon products.

Incidentally this forum system is useful

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Stephen, Easy Start does allow for tax to be input on invoices see:

You just need make sure that you have the tax item set up.

For expenses, you can do it through the Write cheque option:

For more comprehensive tax options you would need to have a higher version (Accounting or higher).
  • Stephen Holloway
    edited November 2014

Hello Mirko

Thanks for your comments, your not the first to point me in thus direction. The only problem is that the second column the one that says TAX and you have inserted CAG does not exist on the product which I have down loaded and you can't get into the forth column which says Tax Amount. Again for the record the product which I have downloaded is Reckon Accounts EasyStart  First Business Edition 2014.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steve,

The columns only shows once tax is turned on.

Try this...

File>Pref

Tick tracking tax Yes. (Note once turned on it cannot be)

The link in the blue box provides some decent info on tax preferences!

Keen to here how you go.

^Mirko?