GST Status Change in ReckonOne

Wendy Gibb
Wendy Gibb Member Posts: 14
edited March 2017 in Reckon One

My client has been using ReckonOne for a year now and has become GST registered as at 1 April 2016.  How do I change the book to reflect this?  I have changed the GST settings but nothing seems to have changed in the book.  In the reports section there is no TAX tab like there is for my other ReckonOne clients who are registered for GST.

Thank you

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    26/04/2016

Hi Wendy,

Once you enable tax/GST tracking in a book, the transaction forms (receipt, payment, journal, invoice, bill etc) should show two additional columns
    * Tax/GST code column
    * Tax/GST amount

The tax section/tab in the reports centre should also be available... however I believe there may be a refresh delay with this option appearing. Check again later in the day & if it doesn't appear I would suggest contacting support.
  • Atila
    Atila Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    Where is it I tried all options in the Tax setting still does not show GST amount and does not add any column for GST. We have invoice some items have GST some item does not have. How will I enter? No information and option/feature ?

• Atila
    Atila Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    It is not showing it I tried all options.

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited December 2016
    29/08/2016

Hi Atila,

Australian books use the terminology 'tax'. New Zealand books use the terminology 'GST'. The images supplied below are from an Australian book. 

Once tax tracking is enabled, accounts, items & transaction forms should have additional options available related to tax. 

In the picture below, the left image is an example of the 'add account' page without tax tracking enabled, the right image is an example of the 'add account' page with tax tracking enabled. 

In the picture below, the left image is an example of the 'add item' page without tax tracking enabled, the right image is an example of the 'add item' page with tax tracking enabled.

In the picture below, the left image is an example of the 'add invoice' page without tax tracking enabled, the right image is an example of the 'add invoice' page with tax tracking enabled.

Review your chart of account accounts & items to ensure you have assigned relevant tax codes where required.

Please note:

If you edit an existing account which currently doesn't have a tax code & are now assigning one...
    - new transactions that use this account will now use this tax code
    - existing transactions that use this account will not auto update to use the tax code. If you require those existing transactions to use the tax code you need to manually update those transactions.
     - existing items that use this account will not auto update to use the new tax code. If you require those existing items to use the tax code you need to manually update those items.

If you edit an existing item which currently doesn't have a tax code & are now assigning one...
    - new transactions that use this item will now use this tax code
    - existing transactions that use this item will not auto update to use the tax code. If you require those existing transactions to use the tax code you need to manually update those transactions.