Had to replace a crashed hard drive but how do I now reinstall?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0

I upgraded my 2011 version of Quicken Personal Plus to Reckon 2105 late last year via an online download. My hard drive recently crashed and had to be replaced. How do I now reinstall Personal Plus 2015? I only have a 2011 version CD.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Chris, welcome to the Community. Please go to www.reckon.com and download the trial version of 2015. Once downloaded and installed use the keycode you were provided when you upgraded to 2015 originally. Should you have any trouble with the key codes or require 2015 on a disk please give Customer Service a call on 1800 RECKON. ^Mirko
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the quick response!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    Now have Reckon reinstalled onto my computer. I have my pre-crash files backed up onto an external hard drive but I'm confused as to which one/s I need to restore...HCX, IDX, QEL, QPH, and/or Reckon Accounts? Appreciate some advice!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Thanks heaps Kevin...really appreciate your help. Everything up and running now. 14 years of data restored!
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Chris, 

When you backed up the data set, it created copies of the primary file (QDF) as well as the supplementary files (QEL, QPH, IDX, HCX, etc).

Make sure you copy ALL of the supplementary files from your external hard drive, onto your PC and not just the QDF file.

If you leave out files from the data file set, you will likely lose information.

* Data Recovery Team *
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited July 2019

When you back up a Reckon Accounts Personal range data set, it creates copies of the primary file (QDF) as well as the supplementary files (QEL, QPH, IDX, HCX, etc).

We recommend that you make use of the newer feature which consolidates all files into a single compressed archive (.RKN) 

This makes it easier to restore than getting confused as to which files are needed when restoring.

If you leave out files from the data file set, you will likely lose information.

* Data Recovery Team *
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    What's really confusing now is how do I turn off the annoying sounds? There seems to be no option under Edit- Preferences menu??? I'm sure it used to be there.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited December 2016
    If you leave out the QPH, you'll lose share price history for example.