Having a lot of trouble getting a direct bank feed set up on Reckon BankData times out before a yodlee ID

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Having a lot of trouble getting a direct bank feed set up on Reckon Hosted 2015 and Reckon BankData. Bankdata times out before a yodlee ID can be created. Using Chrome and have checked and rechecked customer ID and passwords. Even had my NetGuard token cancelled for the day but still no go. Still paying $5 a month since January and still no success.
Photo of Neil Wilson

Neil Wilson

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Neil,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Its probably Yodlee having difficulties either contacting your bank to verify your details or insufficient logon information presented.  

What financial institution are you trying to access?

Do your bank credentials have a token or Authentication Key?

regards,
John.
Photo of Neil Wilson

Neil Wilson

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for responding John. I have a BNZ business account with token and access number , user ID and password. I had no Joy even when the token was suspended for me to try that. Earlier I did get a yodlee ID when I used my personal banking access and password only. However the Reckon Hosted banking centre asked for access, username and password in the business account format. So that is what I arranged but still no success.
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Neil,

Tested both BNZ Business and ordinary banking options and had success.  The ordinary banking option requires an access number and password while Business requires the same plus a "User ID".

So provided no token or additional authentication is involved you should be able to sign up - unless your request is rejected by the bank.  

Please look at all your security measures - browser options, anti-virus, firewalls and others - that may impede interaction with BankData and try again.

Please post any error messages you get (click on Show Detail) here or send to community@reckon.com.

regards,
John
Photo of Jonathan Kane

Jonathan Kane

• 70 Points
Been having the same issue myself for a couple of months with BNZ Business & Yodlee, tried different browsers, times of the day etc, always the same result - timeout...  very frustrating...
Photo of John G

Hi Jonathon,

I have immediate success with BNZ Business Banking with these credentials:

(of course the bank rejects me for bogus credentials).

What result do you get?

regards,
John
Photo of John G

Thanks Jonathan,

Did you enter a valid User ID supplied by your bank?

regards,
John