HELP! error...failed to update company:duplicate key value violates unique constraint "company_paye

Anita Seabourne
Anita Seabourne Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Help, I have many employees waiting to do their tax returns, but can't submit the final 18/19 file, also have 2 other files form this financial year sitting ready to go through, have had no problem throughout the year submitting file & employees can see their payroll details through their MYGOV accounts just needs finalizing my end. Keep getting error message above, can't reach Reckon tech via phone as not taking anymore calls :(   

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Anita,
    Can you let me know where specifically in the process you're encountering this error message?

Have you been going through your usual submission process which has been successful before?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anita Seabourne
    edited July 2019
    I encounter this message when I go to submit the file in gov connect page, every week for last 12 months it has been submitted the same way, have all the files that have been submitted sitting there saying pending? And employees are saying that they can see their pay details on their MyGov account just isn't finalized for tax?
  • Anita Seabourne
    edited July 2019
    Been waiting on phone for 1 hr 17 mins :( tried everything went into single user mode, took out ABN popped it back in again) Rang ATO twice all good their side of things, all files previously submitted when clicked on details changed from pending to success, up to 26/6/2019 now can't submit 18/19 file, or file for 1 pay run this financial year.  Very frustrating :( 
  • KristianWenckowski
    KristianWenckowski Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    I have the same problem!! Just noticed that i haven't submitted STP for 26/6/19 prior to updating Hosted File to 2019R2?? Any help please?

This is the message I receive.

Failed to update company.: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "company_payer_abn_wpn_branch_key"
  • James Nally
    James Nally Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    I'm having the same issues. Encounter it when doing the final sign off regarding the ATO having the Reckon software ID.

Any swift answers on this would be appreciated.
  • James Nally
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

Is there any ideas on this? I have the same error. And a lot of staff waiting to do their tax returns.

James 
  • James Nally
    edited July 2019
    Hi Anita,

Did you get a response on this? I have the exact same error message.

James
  • James Nally
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kristian,

Did you get a response on this? I have the same problem.

James
  • Anita Seabourne
    edited July 2019

Morning James, a technician from Reckon tried for about 40 minutes
     to fix the error, then no luck so they have taken a copy of my company file to try work it out, waiting to hear if successful as I also have 45 people waiting to do tax returns.
  • James Nally
    edited July 2019
    I'm still on hold with reckon. Which number did you end up calling for tech support?

James
  • Anita Seabourne
    edited July 2019

It was the number with the option of STP in the menu & ever since they have rang me or emailed. Mine are submitting now, so hopefully everyone else is the same.
  • James Nally
    edited July 2019
    ahhh ok. Whatever the tech guy did seemed to work for you. We are still waiting to hear back from Reckon. Do you know what magic was worked at their end to get it working?

James
  • Anita Seabourne
    edited July 2019
    They took a copy of our company file, so I don’t know what they did unfortunately, but i got files to submit to ATO this afternoon.
  • KristianWenckowski
    KristianWenckowski Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Hi James,

Sadly no response to this thread. Waiting patiently to read a solution. Have also been conversing with Joydeep from support via email (Friday) with no solution forthcoming.

Kristian
  • Anita Seabourne
    edited July 2019

Morning Kristian, it took 4, 5 days for them to fix mine, they took a copy of my company file & did something, but they kept sending me emails letting me know they were still working on it.
  • Gary_9104583
    Gary_9104583 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Surely someone at Reckon must have an answer for this? Its now been over 1 week since this question was asked. I can't lodge any pays because of this error.  This should be moved to the high importance list!!!!!
  • James Nally
    edited July 2019
    I have been told that this error comes up when multiple payroll staff set up multiple profiles for the same ABN and as a result the system looks for a branch ID. They are currently looking into my issue and trying to delete the second profile.