Help please - NCG coded entry appearing in Sales portion of Tax Detail (Cash Net) report

Options
Cathi P
Cathi P Member Posts: 19
edited November 2018 in Accounts Hosted
On running a Tax Detail (Cash Net) report, one general journal item is appearing in the OUTPUTS/Sales portion of the report. The item is set against an expense account, and correctly coded (both in the entry and in the chart of accounts) as NCG. The other account used in the general journal entry was Payroll liabilities, because I have a payroll item set up to reimburse employees for company expenses through their payroll. 

It is showing in the report as a negative amount, but sitting in OUTPUTS/Sales, instead of a positive amount and showing in INPUTS/Purchases. It also shows incorrectly in the Tax Detail (Cash Tax) report. These reports are all running on a cash basis.

Has anyone else seen this occur before, or have any idea of how to fix it?

I've done a data rebuild, then rang Tech help, who had me delete the transaction, then re-enter it for no change, and just advised me to check with my accountant (who may be able to advise another way to enter the transaction, but certainly can't answer why the report is incorrect). I've emailed them screenshots and the report, so hopefully they may come back with a reason and a solution, but I really want to get this solved so I can lodge my BAS (as it is already overdue).

I'm using Accounts Hosted, though Chrome, on a Mac (in Aus).

Comments

• Shish
    Shish Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Can u please share screen shot.

shisuman2011@gmail.com

Regards
    Shish
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Check the journal

Is the first line a debit or a credit?

Have the debit on the first line.

Debit expense NCG code
    Cr Payroll Liability

Adrian

• Cathi P
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think it would take me too long to blank out parts of the report that are confidential to make it worthwhile, sorry.
  • Cathi P
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion Adrian. I had it that way originally, then found something else that suggested it should be the other way, so switched it around. Either way, in both situations it still showed in the wrong part of the report.

Is it just for bookkeeping reasons that it should be entered that way, or are there also technical effects?
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I had found if the journal started with a credit, Reckon allocated it to Sales and not expenses for GST purposes
  • Cathi P
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your answer. I'll go back and double-check where I left it, and see if that makes a difference.