Help screens not working on Enterprise on desktop

Options
Josie_7180420
Josie_7180420 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I cannot access the "Help" screens on Enterprise. I posted 6 months ago and was told to use IE as a default browser, and then it should work. It didn't. It still isn't.

I need assistance with a few things, and I don't like having to ring people, if I should be able to find the answer within Reckon.

I use Google Chrome, Windows 7 Ultimate and Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2014.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Josie, further to Kev's suggestion the steps can be found here >> https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/script_error-qp98i

• Josie_7180420
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Mirko,
    This still doesn't work for me.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Josie, does this impact more than one user, in other words more than one machine(PC)?
  • Josie_7180420
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm the only one that uses it, and only on one machine. I don't need the help function very often, however I don't really want to have to load Enterprise on another machine just to access it (if that is going to be your suggestion) - thanks for responding so quickly :)

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Josie, I was checking to see if the issue is happening over multiple machines. It would lead me to the next suggestion point. Try to uninstall IE, reinstall with the latest and then mark it as 'Default' browser in Win7. The help menu uses some IE functions to work. If that fails, it maybe an issues with the installation of the software - at which point a reinstall would be the best option (reach out to me before you do this though!)
  • Josie_7180420
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Mirko,
    I appreciate that you want me to use IE, however I don't want to use it at all, if I can help it. My default is Chrome, and then Firefox (if necessary). I really don't want to use IE at all, and definitely do not want to make it my default browser.
    Is this really the only way of accessing the help menus?
    Surely there are other users who manage to use an alternate browser other than IE. Are there any other solutions that would enable me to use my preferred browser? 
    I appreciate your help, and I am not trying to be deliberately obtuse, however I am feeling frustrated that there appears to be no alternate solutions. Thanks.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Josie, you can use any browser you like. The help menu uses functions within IE... to be able to access them in the Windows Settings IE must be selected as "Default". This does not mean you need to use IE for anything at all (I too personally try to avoid IE like the plague haha), you just to have it selected by Windows as your main browser...