Help. uploading files to Nab Super Pay and i get a Date Error why? Nab saying that the date should b

Options
David Matthew
David Matthew Member Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    David,

Please clarify something.

1.  Are you using the new Reckon ONE (June 2015 "EVO "html5") version?
    2.  Are you using the intermediary Export file approach of creating a "Super Datayyyymmdd.csv" file?

If (2) is yes,   have you downloaded it from the Cloud  Q: drive to your local PC and explored what is inside that file with either Notepad or a favourite spreadsheet program, to determine the style of the dates in the heading line and each of the detail lines?   ie:  Are the dates:  yyyy-mm-dd in the .csv file.

I'f you are using a different procedure,  ignore my questions,  but clarify a little more about your operation, so that someone can assist better.

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)

"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• David Matthew
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm running accounts hosted 2015 R1 on windows PC
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    sorry - of course (1) is HOSTED  - (my wrong,  been busy working on some interesting Reckon ONE topics all day)!
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OK ...  so,  are you doing the CSV file export approach asked earlier, and if so,  what does the content look like.  Or are you using some other methodology?
  • David Matthew
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes a CSV file that comes a cross as Excel file what upload to Nab super pay
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options
    David,   does the exported file (the .csv) look like this example? Perhaps different dates,  but the shape of the dates for June 1st and June 30th  are yyyy-mm-dd  on the first line,  and the example transaction dates for the two line items of  24th April are yyyy-mm-dd?

2015-06-01,2015-06-30
    ,USIFF789,AustralianSuper,,,,,123456789A,111111111,,2015-04-24,,John,,Citizen,,,0,,,,gaz@alchster.com.au,VIC,,,VIC,,AU,108.30,,,,,,,,
    ,USIFF789,AustralianSuper,,,,,123456789A,111111111,,2015-04-24,,John,,Citizen,,,0,,,,gaz@alchster.com.au,VIC,,,VIC,,AU,108.30,,,,,,,,

I'd be curious if the desktop system you are running the BROWSER SESSION from,  is set to regional local dd-mm-yyyy date conventions (is:  AUST/NZ mode, and not  USA  mm-dd-yyyy mode.  I'm not aware if the local regional settings have a bearing on the DATES in operation at the Reckon Accounts HOSTED data centre site at Amazon in Sydney,  or whether they can be affected by the regional date settings on a client PC running the browser.  But let's eliminate all that those ideas anyway, by having a quick look

Gary Pope

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi David, Gary,

Sorry to hear of your issues with the Super Export File.

Did you open the export file in Excel?

The Date field has a very specific date format (mandated by the ATO).  If this file is opened by a programme that contains formatting (like Excel) the date format will change to your regional settings.  The file will then have the incorrect format for the date field and will be rejected by the Superstream Gateway.

If you wish to make changes to this export file (not recommended), make them in a format-neutral programme like Notepad.

regards,
    John

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Matthew,
    re: John's idea

Interesting feedback, John.  So, Matthew is this sorting your problem now?   This forum just loves feedback, so that we know if the problem has been solved by the suggested solutions.  If not, we're patiently ready for more suggestions.

Gary
  • David Matthew
    edited February 2017
    Options

Yes. all solved, it was a dot after Mr in employers name. Mr.

who knew.

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Terrific, Matthew. 

It is these squiggles and dots, ampersands and underlines, dashes and look-alike characters like 2/Z 0/O  1/I/l    ;/:  and ./,   combinations that elude us everytime!   Terrific to get such prompt and honest feedback.  Helps everyone a lot.  

Happy balancing!  

Gary Pope

**SOLVED by Matthew**