Help with bank reconciliation

Kristina_9772201
Kristina_9772201 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Reckon One
I am new to reckon and am trying to catch up on entering July accounts  however I am really struggling with the bank rec. I have manually imported the bank details using a qif file. I am entering all bills and invoices as per date of the transaction.  Firstly I receipted  the invoices back dated to the day they occurred and I did the same with the bills, then when I go into the bank rec module and enter the details as described to reconcile them, it adds the same transaction to the reckon one transaction list.  effectively giving me the same transaction twice.  am I missing something here???   I have tried not paying the bill, just reconciling it but then of course it remains in the unpaid bills.

Comments

• Lynda Chater_9039203
    Lynda Chater_9039203 Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2018

Hi Kristina

If you are paying or receipting your transactions in the modules, then you should be matching these to the bank statement not re entering.

The dates that you should be putting on the paid or receipted items is the day they appear on the bank statements, this way when you import your file it will come up as a matched item.

You will see that when doing the bank reconciliation you have two tabs, one Reckon Transactions and the other Bank transactions.  When you pay your accounts or receipt your invoices in the Day to Day Modules these transactions appear on the Reckon Transactions page, when you import your bank statement it appears on the Bank Transaction page.

To do your Bank reconciliation after importing your bank statement you now need to match, receipt or process the transactions from the Bank Transactions that have not been processed by you manually and appear on the Reckon Transaction tab. 

Their are good training videos of Reckon One Procedures that can take you through the processes if your not sure

Lynda

• Roslyn_9745732
    Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2018
    Hi Lynda, I'm also struggling with this.  Where can I get the training videos please?
    Thanks
    Roslyn
  • Kristina_9772201
    Kristina_9772201 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    I would like to know that as well. I did look at the training video on bank reconciliations but it didn't help. it is so different to the system I have been using.