Help installing 2014 tax update in Premier

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Install program doesn't point to reckon file but asks me to browse for it, and it rejects everywhere that I look.
Photo of Jerry Furnell

Jerry Furnell

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed off (2 hours later)

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ARC BookKeeping

ARC BookKeeping, Accredited Partner

• 6,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Jerry,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles...

Couple of things.... You have posted this question in under Reckon One... and asking for help with 2014 tax update in Premier....????

Just to check, Which program are you using and which year...??

If you are using an older version eg 2012/13 then the 2014 tax update wont work...

If you are using Reckon One then you donot need it...

What Windows platform are you using??? (Windows xp/7/8)
Was Reckon/Quickbooks program & data files installed in the default locations or somewhere else?
Can you navigate to these locations in your windows explorer? (screen shot would help us help you. Cool wee program called 'Snipping Tool' on Windows 7&8 other wise download a free version called 'Snip It')

Cheers

Angie Carlyle
Photo of Jerry Furnell

Jerry Furnell

Same Premier I've had for 8 years.  Paid up until 2015.  Windows Vista.  Loaded in default area.  I can find Premier 08, 09, 10, 11, 12/13, and Premier 13, but no Premier 14 or 13/14.

Seriously hassled.

I just need to know what it is that I'm supposed to be browsing to?  A folder??  A file??? 

What does it look like?   Then I can search it, then I can tell the stupid update program where to go!

Presently it rejects everything I point it at and yes, I've even downloaded the program twice and rebooted the computer upteen times.
Photo of Jerry Furnell

Jerry Furnell

So, no answers here and Reckon want $4.90 a minute to solve my problem due their rubbish update program.  Hope they look at Yellow pages and see the writing on the wall.

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Jerry, please see this thread for help with browsing to a file: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/trying_to_install_2014_update_not_finding_reckon_accou...

Thanks.