How to upgrade Payroll Premier 2012/13 to 2014/15

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)

We have purchased Payroll Premier 2014/15, but I am having trouble installing from our current version 2012/13.

I have attempted the step upgrade to 2013/14 trial, however, the program seems to crash when I attempt to open it to after installation and I try to access to 'upgrade our data file'.

Basically, I complete the software install and icon appears on my desktop. I double click to open and receive the text box prompt: "Warning -Sample Company Open. This is a sample file. Use it as an..."

I hit the OK button on the text box, and see a flash of the program on the screen for a fraction of a second, before it disappears.

I believe that I do need to actually open the 2013/14 trial version and 'upgrade my data' to this version before then going on to install 2014/15??

Any help would be appreciated!

Photo of Dominic

Dominic

• 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michael

Michael, Alum

• 772 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, to upgrade a data file from Payroll Premier 2012/13 to 2014/15, it has to go thru 2013/14 as per page 15 of
http://www.reckon.com.au/Documents/PDF/2014-15_Payroll_Premier_Installation_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

Anyway, please ensure you have rebuilt the data file in Payroll Premier 2012/13 and the data file is on the local C drive.
Then perform a backup (to .QPB) in 2012/13, and then restore that backup to Payroll Premier 2013/14, and it will go thru the upgrading wizard.
If successful, repeat the same process to Payroll Premier 2014/15.

If you are still having issues, please send an email to community@reckon.com

Hope that helps you.

Regards,
Michael

Photo of Andre

Andre

• 60 Points
I'm having this issue also, however when attempting to install the 2013/14 trial I now get the message "Today is 9 JUL 2013 This trial version of Payroll Premier has expired. Any Data files you have created in the trial version will be accessable in the full version. Please contact Reckon Australia for the purchase of a full version of Payroll Premier (1300 784 253)