Hi anyone else had their Reckon Account 2019 Tax Table Update fail?

Options
Lisa Edwards
Lisa Edwards Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 - failed to install latest tax table.

Comments

• Sue Hounslow
    Sue Hounslow Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yes, I have downloaded it but haven't install as yet as I have not finished 2018/2019 EOFY.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Can you see any specific error message displayed?

Consider:

1) Re-downloading the tax table update installer file
    2) Restarting your computer
    3) Attempt the installation of the tax table update

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Lisa Edwards
    Lisa Edwards Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi, I think I missed the step of restarting the computer after I had downloaded the upgrade and before I installed it, not sure if this is what caused the problem.

I didn't write down the initial error messages when the tax install failed,  but subsequently got the following when I tried to open the software, saying the it couldn't open the program because the following files were not found.

TEJ32.dll
    txncore.dll
    ui.dll
    TXNFORM.dll

I had tried all those things you mentioned (it wouldn't let me reinstall the tax update as it thought it had already been done) and the computer suggested that I had to reinstall the software. When I went to uninstall, I found a tab that gave me the option to fix problems so I clicked on that and it seems to have fixed what ever went wrong.  

The tax version is correct, verify data found no errors, so am proceeding on the basis that it is all working.  Its hard to tell because there is no change to this years tax rates.

Please let me know if you think this may not have been as successful as it appears to have been.

On now to try and lodge my first ever STP so fingers crossed.

Thanks
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Give the tax version is correct and no errors found during the Verify Data operation, it
    sounds like a good basis to proceed.

Glad that built-in application installation repair button that appears during an Uninstall operation worked for you.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team