Hi Guys, 2 invoice questions. Parent and children accounts, and mulitple email addresses.

Leigh Wolinski
Leigh Wolinski Member Posts: 35
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi Guys, 2 invoice questions. I have a client that has several call centres. So a parent client with several cost centres- I need to send several invoices to one accounts team with different details on each. It is regular monthly invoicing, Is there an easy way to do this? Also, my invoices are the same every month, so I am after a simple way of producing repeated invoices easily. 2nd question, I also need to email these to 2 different locations. 1 to the accounts payable team and a copy to the cost centre to be approved. I cant seem to find how to have second emial address. Can they be separated with a comma or colon or .... how do I do this? Please help.

Comments

• Leigh Wolinski
    edited September 2018
    Hi Kevin, appreciate your reply. Not sure if I get what you are suggesting. Let em explain to see that I said it right the first time...So I have a client  (lets say Alfa Pty Ltd) that has 22 different call centres. We deliver to all 22. So we need to produce 22 invoices, each attn: to a different person, each with different content. Then we need to have a single statement listing all 22 invoices. The invoices are pretty much the same every month.  Does that change your suggestion?
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Leigh,
    Exhaust all the possible options as suggested, if you still not happy , give me  a call, Cosmic Invoice for RAH we can handle most of your requirements , we will need to do customised development for you.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    It seems that this ability to send a regular invoice to 2 emails is not possible.... Is that really the case?

• glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have sent two copies of invoices. One to email contact and one to second contact. All customers/branches set up as customer. Second email address to central accounts department. Just not sure how you would send it ne statement showing all invoices.
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Hi Glenda, thank you - how (or where)  did you put the second email address? I only have the  one email address box in the customer details area. I can manually enter a second one as a cc later on - which would-be fine for the odd one or 2, but  wen you have 50~60 per month, and it is a different 'cc address on each one, you can see my point. On MYOB you can seperate email address's but putting a comma between them. ON Reckon one, I have tried to no avail. You cant think I would be alone here. Maybe I am, but surely some one else has to email an accounts department plus the end user.... maybe.... anyone?
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    And... as an aside, I am still trying to work out how to produce a packing slip, or a delivery docket for each invoice... You watch the youtube and everything is just so easy, then you hit the real world and the wheels fall off!!!! If anyone has the knowledge on this, I would genuinely appreciate it if you would share. I clearly do possess the required skills for this application.

• Tania Hollis
    Tania Hollis Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    I would set the parent company up as a "Customer"  with the accounts email address in the details. Then  set up the cost centres as "Jobs" under that. In each job you should see the accounts email address as the main email address, and then you can add the cost centre email address in the cc field for each job. if you want to use more than one email, I think it's a semi colon (;)  between them. You can then run a statement on the "Customer" and it will pick up all the "Jobs" and show all the invoices.

If you are creating the same invoices over and over, I use the "Memorised Transactions" function - create the invoice and then right mouse click up in the top part of the invoice screen and there will be an option for that. They the appear in the List>Memorised transaction list.
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Tania, great answer! That "Memorised Transactions" could save me hours a month, Our monthly invoice run is pretty much the same every month....but,  I cant find it. I have buttons for Cancel, Save and Close (with drop down Save & New; and Save options) and a Receive payment . Under that I have the filed buttons; Change template | Print | Send via email | Delete| View history | Make a copy. I (again) cant find that feature. In fact, Im starting to feel....challenged!! 
  • glendaveale
    edited February 2018
    Which Reckon are you using. Desktop, Histed or One. I know how to memorise in the first two. Not sure about One as have never used it.
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    I am using Reckon one. The online one. I am so totally new at this, and sadly not a computer wiz nor a book-keeper. So limited in the total range of required skills!!

• Tania Hollis
    Tania Hollis Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Sorry Leigh - I work in Hosted so not sure how One works differently.
  • glendaveale
    edited February 2018
    As Tania has said reckon one works differently to the others. You may need to upgrade to Hosted to get the features you are looking for. Never used jobs or classes so unable to help with that. Willing to chat if that will help.
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited July 2020
    Well, it seems that I actually have no idea on what to do. I cant seem to get one customer account for the company and have several departments within that company. The main reason is so that I can then send one statement with all the cost centres on it. I am -it would seem- going to have to either find a package that can do this, or make manual statements for those clients. That si going to be a pain with aging different invoices (for the different areas) and the like. Surely there has to be someone that has a work around on this...(?) So let us say you supply ABC Pty Ltd. They have a north office and a south office. Both buy and each get their own invoices, however the head office (Central) pay the accounts. So, the accounts get sent to the head office and payment is made from there. 1 customer, 2 cost centres, one accounts payable office. Guys, if they can change a heart in a person and keep them alive, surely this can be done in a could based accounting package... Its Friday- someone...? Anyone?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Leigh,
    The comments you've received so far have been related to Reckon Accounts Hosted as you've marked your thread using the Hosted product category.

In regard to your requirement for memorised transactions/invoices this functionality in Reckon One as yet but will be built into in future. This is available in Reckon Accounts Hosted using the steps outlined from the Community members above. 

Perhaps give Hosted a trial run and see if it gives you the functions you need, there's a free 30 day trial HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leigh
    Leigh Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2018
    Hosted? I am a tiny operation. We have 30 invoices a month- a small team of contractors and a main staff of 2. I understood Reckon one would be around the size we needed. The thing seems to work quite well, and I have contacted an advising partner to "buy some time" hoping that he can show me what I need to do in order to makeitg work. Im not asking for super difficult things as our business is pretty small. Things like being able to send invoices to a couple of locations using preset addresses (not having to remember which customer gets 2 invoices and then manually finding and pasting the address in- or worse having to resend the whole thing twice) I would have thought is a basic requirement. Im sure there are others who would have a customer with a single accounts payable (head office) but more than one delivery area okaying/budgeting invoices. I have only just taken over the company that used paper and pen for the bookwork before~ If this package is not competent to manage our operation, I will go back to manual. I have invested nearly 2  months in this and have got most of it sorted, there are just those few things. I wouldn't think that I am the only person to need the features, I think I may be the only one who cant work it out!!! Surely to fix the emails to accept addresses separated by a comma or a colon would not be a huge slab of code. Or even to add a second cc field. Still, I am only learning. Just as a suggestion, a really small flag (or envelope, or dot) near an invoice in the invoice list after an invoice has been emailed would be a pretty handy thing to!!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Let me try and understand what you're trying to do, you need to create invoices for each respective customer and send that invoice to them AND also another party consistently, correct? Does that other party remain fixed for all invoices?

If so, how about you try this, in the Reckon One email settings (access it by going to Settings icon in the top right). Under the invoices email settings submenu add in a CC or BCC email address. This will then come up under every invoice you create (it can be removed as & when required by simply pressing backspace before sending an outbound email)

Does that suit what you're trying to do?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leigh
    Leigh Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav, I have need for the invoice to be sent to the ordering department, a copy of the invoice sent to the accounts payable and third copy sent to their purchasing team. Plus I always Bcc a copy to myself for our own records. I use the normal "email to" to their accounts team (that one never changes), then the "cc" field I change to the department I am sending to. The copy that I have emailed my self, as a Bcc, I then have to forward to the purchasing department. It means a lot of input, and a lot of messing around. Plus I have to remember the invoices to do this with. If there was  an option to add cc's you could populate the fields within the contact set up (as you do now for the one email), then each time you had an invoice for them it would be easy and both save time reduce and the risk of error.